[Update: May 20, 2021]
- Restocked Orange S2+ with 2700k SST20
- Restocked Tan Osram C8+
- Added bare, 16mm, and 20mm LEDs to the store a while back, but never announced it here. Check them out!
[Update: April 9, 2021]
- Added 6" strips of d-c-fix diffusion film for smoothing out uneven beams or improving tint shift
- Added small packets of SuperLube for use as thread grease, switch lubricant, etc. (food safe, made in USA, really great stuff)
- Added the BLF Anduril edition Sofirn SP36 with batteries included
[Update: March 18, 2021]
- Made a Subreddit, it will probably replace this page eventually so you might want to check it out
- Restocked a lot of Convoy stuff including the L21A, M21A, and C8+ OSRAM variants plus more!
- Renamed the "junkpile" section to "yardsale" because I thought that fit better
- Restocked some components
[Update: December 11, 2020]
- Added OSRAM M21A (KW CSLPM1.TG)
- Added OSRAM S21A (KW CSLPM1.TG)
- Restocked S2+ (Orange, 2700k SST20)
- Restocked S2+ (Gray, 4000k SST20)
- Restocked T2 (219c)
- Added the option to sign up for an email notification when a particular product comes back in stock
- Various other restocks and improvements
[Update: October 27, 2020]
- Added OSRAM W1 green and white Convoy C8+ (great for spooky season)
- Restocked a bunch of S2+ variants and hosts
- Added ZWB2 filter
- Added o-rings for the S2+ and a few other misc. items
[Update: September 23, 2020]
I'm having a 15% off sale through this Sunday. Everything is on sale. No codes or minimums or anything, the discount just applies in your cart. Happy shopping!
See the previous update for links to all the cool new stuff.
EDIT: It has come to my attention that Convoy has recently switched some lights from using trapezoidal threads to newer square threads. Most of my S2+ lights have the old threads but I can't go through each one to see. If you absolutely require one version or the other, I have enabled a checkout notes option. Just make a note of which version you need and I will send you that version if I have it. If I don't, I'll be happy to refund or change your order. Or feel free to send me a private message to see if I have a certain light in new or old threads.
[Update: September 12, 2020]
- Totally redesigned the website
- Added a rainbow of new colors for the Convoy S2+ host
- Added an orange S2+ with 2700K SST20 prebuilt
- Added a holster for the Convoy C8
- Added an SST40 ramping driver
- Restocked some other Convoy stuff
- Full blog post here
The redesign was necessary because the old design was just not very robust. It was inhibiting some expansion and making parts of the shopping experience less than ideal. The new design is nice, clean, functional, and it works well on mobile devices. If you particularly hate or love something about the new design, let me know. It's here to stay, but things can be tweaked.
[Update: July 29, 2020]
- Added Sofirn SP36s (LH351D, 5000K)
- Get 20% off Lumintop flashlights with the code LMAP at checkout for a limited time
I removed free shipping above a certain dollar amount (for now) in order to be able to focus on providing the best prices I possibly can on the products themselves. Trying to account for the possibility of having to eat shipping costs required me to make some things slightly more expensive than they had to be, and it made me question if it even made sense to sell certain products. It also caused some accounting headaches. I would like to add a free shipping option back some day, but it's doing more harm than good at the moment. Most orders ship for around $3-5, which is usually preferable to waiting a month or two from China.
[Update: July 15, 2020]
- Added more Convoy Flashlights including 21700 models
- Restocked out of stock Convoy Flashlights
- Added many Convoy Components
- You can now pay with cryptocurrency or Amazon Pay.
- More changes to the website. More detailed information can be found here https://mohrlumens.com/blogs/news/site-update-new-convoy-products
[Original post below]
My name is Michael Mohr and I have created a new flashlight store intended to serve US customers who don't want to wait on Chinese shipping for certain enthusiast lights and components. The store is launching with products from Convoy and Lumintop. I'm trying to focus on lights that usually ship from China or variants other than the default one that's sold on places like Amazon. We can ship worldwide, but US shipping is the priority for now so international shipping may be pricey.
From now until Father's day I'm having a 15% off sale using the code GO15 at checkout to celebrate the launch. We offer free shipping on orders totaling $49 and up for US customers!
Check the site out and let me know what you think! I want to work with the community to know what products you'd like to see in stock. This is a very small operation so stock is quite limited but as long as the site produces enough interest I'm going to keep reinvesting profits and expanding the catalog based on analytics and community feedback. If you have any questions, concerns or business inquiries please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to help or answer questions.
I'm approaching this project kind-of like a software developer might approach writing an app. This is the beta. It's not all there, but the core is functional and I'll be adding bits and pieces to it with the help of everyone who would care to chime in. I'd like to make the experience of buying enthusiast lights a bit better for those of us in the US.
If you played a part in creating something I'm selling, let me know! I want to give everyone proper credit for their work. This is my first post here on BLF so if I'm doing anything wrong, please let me know!
For more information about my future plans for the site, you can read the Master Plan article.
Planned updates to the site:
- add more Convoy models
- add Convoy parts for S2+ customization
- add options such as the choice to include a clip or other accessories with the purchase of a compatible light
- add BLF SP36 as a product (in progress)
- source and add more enthusiast lights that usually require long shipping times for American customers
- source and add various drivers (in progress)