decent 14500

looking oor decent 14500 batteries

1 Thank

Welcome on BLF !

All the good - well known brands are good, a good battery it’s usually more expensive but in the end of the day it worth the money !
Just find the right type for you !

Vapcell H10 is the recommended 14500 for high current needs. Vapcell L10 is a lower current version. Availability is an issue at my location so I had to buy spare 14500s from Wurkkos. Any branded battery will be good I guess

1 Thank

I second the Wurkkos.com batteries. They are 4 for $10USD right now. I believe I read someone state that they are rated for 6A current draw. Hopefully, I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong…

Welcome to BLF!

1 Thank

Forum changed quite a bit from last time I was here. Had quite a problems just getting to logging in. I’ll try all those.

You may have to know if button top cells are suitable for specific host, some will cause issues unless using flat top cells.

I’ve had real good luck with the Epoch 14500 10A from 18650batterystore. I got a bunch on sale 2 years ago a.d they work good in my high power 14500 lights. The stock Sofirn/Wurkkos 14500 900 mAh are also good for around 5 amps.

1 Thank

These are good if you can find them.

Windyfire IMR14500 600mAh (Red) / HKJ Review

Windy Fire 14500

Welcome to BLF, mike891!

Can you tell us what light(s) you want these for, or do you know how much current/amps they’re using? That would help to make sure you’re getting what you need. Helps to know what country you’re located in, too, considering all the issues with sourcing and shipping and such.

I got 700mah testing the wurkoss 14500 at 250mah charge/discharge, but I discharged to 2.7V instead of the 2.5v they probably specify cuz batteries cost money. So idk I’ll be generous and add 50mah to that. Idk, still not impressive. Maybe I got a bad one. I probably would go epoch just cuz so far no issues with epoch. But I think all those vapcell/epoch/Efest/keeppower 14500s are out of the same factory.

And I’d rate the wurkoss 14500s at like 2amps personally

Does anyone have info on the YDL 10A 1000mAh battery that 18650batterystore sells? It is a cyan/teal wrapper and comes as flat top. Can’t find any reviews on it.