ENEDED

Nice triple mod.

I see a few emitter swaps, but not sure if anyone swapped a driver in the X1R, but I did some research and realized our standard OSHPark drivers might be trouble fitting because of the wide driver mount, but I used a rotary tool to machine down the aluminum mount where the 2 screws go, and machine down the opposite side to narrow the ledge the driver sits on. Now I'm getting no interference with surface mount parts whatsoever so should sit cleanly. I used this DEL 22 mm driver: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/pYGsJoAx, sanded down to ~21 mm. Didn't complete the mod yet, might explore if I can fit a triple with keeping the retaining ring. Will also swap the switch LED's and check resistor values.

This is kind of an odd light, but I like it! It looks very nice in the anodized silver and is useful due to its large reflector. I’ve never given onboard charging a shot with any of my lights, but maybe I will with this one. :+1:

Coupon for one, thanks

Ordered one blue! Thanks!

Ordered. Now I’m making a list of legoes to mess with whenever it gets here.

Thank you.

Interested

X1R NarsilM driver and 351D 4000K 90+ CRI mod posted here in the mod thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37376/6581

Wow! I’ve got to start paying closer attention to that thread! Very cool work! Great pictures too.

Good thing I bought two!

In all honesty, this little light with relatively unimpressive output is just so darn handy. After adding a larger magnet on top of the original one, it holds consistently in a horizontal position. It’s come in handy on my drill press and bandsaw in my underlit garage shop and my son and nephew like wearing them outside at night as headlamps. There’s very little reason not to have one (or a few) around because they are handy, inexpensive, don’t get too hot to handle and are good choices for folks who ought not try out an Emisar D4 or other pocket rocket. The only thing I really don’t care for is the long press to turn off. At least it doesn’t heat up to branding temps, making shut off a tricky maneuver!

Yeah, I regret not buying a couple more for the XMASBG discount at $13 which is over now. I did order a white finish X1R under that deal though, so probably will do a similar mod with a different LED. Still at freeme's discount here, it's a great deal.

Dang, my BG order on the X1R got held up, then split, then they finally cancelled the order of the white X1R and Astrolux FT02. No explanation of course, they never do - it's happened before. I would have dropped the long delayed FT02 and changed the white X1R to CW, which appears to be in stock.

Interested.

Is this using a flat or button top 18350? Protected?

Post number one says all of those will work.

Does this need a flat or button top 18350?

I just answered this.

Freeme, do you happen to know if Eagle Eye still sells to the public or do they only sell through stores like Gearbest and Banggood?

(They shut down their store on Aliexpress)

They are still active. Not sure what happened to their Aliexpress store though. [quote=JasonWW] Freeme, do you happen to know if Eagle Eye still sells to the public or do they only sell through stores like Gearbest and Banggood? (They shut down their store on Aliexpress) [/quote]

I found out on another thread that they are only selling directly from the Taobao store. It’s very hard for folks in the US to buy from that store. :cry: