Epic Fireflies News Drops - SOOO many new amazing lights coming soon.

I’ve asked man, but plans on that it seems. I always kinda figured the E12R & now E12C are the revised ROT66 with efficient drivers anyway. They just moved to single 21700 from the 3 18650’s

But like I said, I have specifically asked him about an ROT66 Pro. Or rather, an ROT21 or even an ROT44 Mule with 44 E21A’s. So trust that I’ve thrown ROT66 ideas at Jack. But now we see what he’s been so busy working on and why that hasn’t quite had room for it.

Quite the shame. ROT66 was their first light, and had all the flashlight enthusiast features that quickly brought Fireflies on the scene. At least I got Vinh to put some dedomed 519As in it to spicen it up, but man I want that same high efficiency driver that the E12R had. Speaking of the E12R, I guess they just don’t have any more drivers for it in the near future, but I don’t see the push for the E12C over the E12R.

I had a theory that Jack purposely used a different driver for the E12C because he wanted a more robust FET for the 519A’s. He now has Lume 1 drivers but instead of releasing the E12R, he releases the E12C. Meanwhile E07x & Nov-Mu are back, but not E12R. T9R either, but Jack is releasing like 5 other throwers, so he likely figured he could wait on that one.

But it’s just a theory. He could’ve planned E12C while drivers were still out. Either way, this setup will definitely have a better FET than what the Lume 1 would have been capable of with 519A’s, and it will still have a pretty decent regulated output. I kinda could see him preferring a max turbo for this so it could hit the 10K lumen mark (or get closer to it at least).

I would be happy enough if they managed to get the old ROT66 back in stock.

At the the moment, the website couldn’t be more confusing:

Fireflies ROT66 Generation II Sold out
Product Code: ROT66G2
Availability: In Stock

T1R :beer:

LEP’s

info

nice

https://www.redditmedia.com/r/flashlight/comments/y5ktfk/new_arrival_fireflylite_e12c_photosoutdoor_show/?ref_source=embed&ref=share&embed=true

Any news about these?
In particular the P01 :innocent:

Wow exciting! Fireflies light with the super efficient LUME1 driver = best flashlights ever! Hope they can stock up on the components needed for the LUME1 driver to last a few years. They could not make those drivers for over 2 years already due to the supply chain issues.

I talked to Jack yesterday, and he mentioned that the P01 will come out November 7th, and that the P02 & P03 will follow very shortly after.

Thank you, nice to know that :wink:

You’re welcome.

Here is more official confirmation from Jack himself.

The P01 is due November 7th. The P02 & P03 are due November 10th. Those other 2 are 18350 and 18650 if I recall correctly.

They will all debut on Jacks new site.

There is a lot of news from Fireflies, so I am excited to see it but actually I have not bought any Fireflies before. Maybe I need to buy one soon.

From message of Jack, he said that the older flashlights like E12R and E07 pro will be coming out at the end of year but with new and improved LUME driver with even better performance and new features compared to original LUME driver! He did not say description on what the changes will be but he said that components are getting back in stock slowly. So I am thinking to wait for end of year and maybe buy a new Fireflies. The Nichia 519 leds seem like a nice led to try!

To Mr. Lojik, I see you have a list of new lights from Jack! Do you know if the new driver is loneoceans design? Will it be different from the other flashlights?

I also just asked Jack. He said the new driver fixed a couple issues with the previous driver including the buzzing and the efficiency graph he showed me is insane. Over 95% efficiency from 0.5A to 3.5A!!! It peaks at like 98%. If it was a computer PSU, it would have an 80Plus Titanium rating!!! Can’t wait to get this. I’ve been using the E21A 2000K NOV-MU for over 2 years every night as room lighting and absolutely love it. Will get more when it returns with the new driver.

It is always confusing to me why the ‘titanium’ is higher level than ‘platium’ or ‘gold’ level! And why ‘80 plus’ can actually mean 90%? Why not just use a ‘90 plus’ label?
Wow this is amazing news! I think I remember seeing some measurements that the original LUME driver in E07X is 95% efficienct but only at some levels. I believe the 0.5A but maybe not 3.5A. Even 90% at 3.5A is already very good.

SKV89, I do not have any flashlights with such a low (2000K) color temperature. Do you find it useful for normal use or only for night time use? I can tell it will be very nice to use as a ‘candle’ or ‘fireplace’ feeling. I need to spend some time to think which leds I want in my next flashlight.

Monsieur. ClientEquator,

The new improved Lume 1 drivers will absolutely be Loneocean’s design. It has been improved upon in some small yet solid ways. And evidently Mr. SKV89 is privy to some charts that appear to be worth raising at the very least one eyebrow to. So they are Loneoceans, and I guess they will be different than any other flashlight, since it’s brand spankin.

Also, the X1 Jack is finishing up is a single emitter (reflector), 21700, XHP50 or 70 dot something Loneocean Boosted Pocket Throwing Gem. Someone speculated that it could end up being a New Lume X1 boost-driven light, which would be awesome and makes plenty sense. Anyway, just throwing that out there. But here, take a look at the email Jack sent out due to all the E07x orders he’s already gotten. He listed a small amount of Red E07x’s, and he quickly realized he had to throw his whole E07x stock at it, hence this email. Anyway you said you were waiting for it, and it’s definitely here now. Jack calls it a small run of E07x’s, so it can’t last too long. So if you do decide to order one, this email tells you what the deal is with it all (currently).

This email is about to inform you that the small run of E07X / NOVMU original Lume1 drivers will surely come back before 30th Oct. It has a few days delay than expected.

But now we are facing a new situation, I think it would be better to get a confirmation from you.

The upcoming small batch of E07X / NOVMU drivers is the original lume1 driver, which is the same lume1 E07X buck driver 2020-version in the market. As everyone knows, It performs super good, just have been discontinued for almost 2 years due to the chip-shortage.

However , our new lume1 driver is even more efficiency than the original one, it is supposed to come back after 15th NOV.

The main differences are as below:
(Note: we are not saying the original lume1 driver is not good, it had already been proved in the market that it is a super good buck driver )

1. Original lume1 driver is 92 to 93% efficiency, newest lume1 is up to 95% to 98% efficiency.
2. New lume1 driver has a much lower moonlight level, 0.5lumens at the lowest level
3. New lume1 driver has enhanced some stability on ramping

So, we will offer you two choice for it.

1. Choose to stick with the original E07X / NOVMU buck driver, Then we will ship your order out next week.

2. Choose to wait for the newest lume1 buck driver, We hold the order and ship it out after 15th NOV.

BTW, We do not have enough deep red E07X, may i ask can you accept the Black HAIII version?

PS: Nichia 519A 5700K and 519A 2700K emitters will come back in stock on 16th NOV. If you want , you can change the emitter type.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards!
Jack

Hey there…yup, still here. I remembered that I wanted to mention that the reason why Titanium may be seen as the higher tier class, is because Titanium in real world use is by far the superior metal to Platinum. Platinum is more malleable and is mainly a “shiny long time” metal that is perfect for jewelry. So in a technical environment, Titanium would seem to be the more sciencey techy respected metal. Nasa using it on rocket ships surely has something to do with it, but I digress. The fact that it’s just an all-around badass metal anyway, has more than plenty to do with it. Ok, so yeah, that was everything now. But I hope the top part of this was informative or helpful. So have a good night-morning, Monsieur.

I agree the 80plus ratings are confusing. Platinum should be above Titanium. But the 95+ % from the new LUME driver is really incredible considering other buck or buck/boost drivers out there like Armytek or Skilhunt are only 85% +/- efficient, which is still much better than linear drivers though. This new driver is more efficient than Zebralight and possibly even more efficient than Olight drivers.

The first time I turned on a E21A 2000k during day time, I was like yuck. Then put it away. That was not a FF flashlight. Then a year or so later, I turned it on late at night and I thought it looked acceptable. Then after 5 minutes of use, my eyes adapted and it became the most beautiful, cozy tint I’ve seen for night time use. It is almost as warm as a candle or fireplace. Candles are about 1800k. But I don’t use the 2000k in the day time when my eyes are not adjusted. I do use 2000k at night in crowded areas like amusement parks or while trick-or-treating with my kids as the 2000k is less harsh and disturbing for other people.

Its been radio silence, need new lights, must purchase lumens

Any updates on the new lights?