First charger noob. Is mine broken?

I dont own a Macbook but,
https://www.google.com/search?q=macbook+usb+power+output&oq=macbook+usb+power
Do you have a 2 amp capable usb wall charger you could try?
Might not be it but, gotta eliminate the possibilities.

I think you’re assuming I have a basic knowledge about power requirements, amps, volts, etc. I do not lol.

All I know is, while plugged into my MacBook Pro, the charger seemed to work fine with the Nitecore test battery I tried

I know a Nitecore CR123 sized battery wouldn’t need more than 1 amp to charge. especially when the power source is supplying 5v, its stepping down so the current required is even less than 1 amp. Just trying to help

Talk about bad luck, what are the chances of having 2 DOA Sony batteries.

@mcdj: I know Neal ships with a black plastic tape insulator at the negative side (rear end) of his cells.

Did you remove it?

Yeah, it’s kind of strange. I have had li-ions set for years and not read zero when checked.

This is probably the answer.

OMG!!!

Sorry everyone. It was the tape. I had no idea. It’s not mentioned anywhere in what he sent. And like the title says, I’m a noob.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered so much great real time support on the internets from people in any other forum ever!

Everyone was new once :slight_smile:

Glad it worked out well for you.

That’s the best kind of problems to fix, the one’s that don’t cost a dime to fix.
Glad you got it working. :wink:

:+1: :beer:

Nice that’s it’s sorted , but it may work better when plugged into the mains, computers only supply a certain amount of power , a bit like the xtar vc4 it will not charge at full throttle if limited.