▶ Flashlights with BLF User Interfaces - Master List ◀

Thanks, good choice from Simon :BEER:

Thank you, I've missed out that one. List is updated :BEER:

- SAM -

OP Updated: changes to the table layout and also one can click on links and go directly to:

• Brands Main Page
  • Flashlights/Buy Page
  • UI Cheat Sheets Image
  • Creators Patreon Page
  • Maintained Firmwares Trunk

☞ optimized for smartphone view

:BEER:

- SAM -

Great info. :smiley:

Thanks!
Though I wish there is some more user input to make it more comprehensive ...

- SAM -

I think the very fluid nature and the many revisions of each light make it interesting but also difficult to collect input.
For example, unless I flashed the firmware myself, I would have no idea which version is on each flashlight. A user could check all the lights and write down features or compare them to a U/I sheet…

Hi acab! Thank you for your input!

As one can see, I don't believe it's difficult to collect all the flashlights containing BLF members firmware (and I will do my best to keep maintaining it). Pointing to their many revisions is indeed another thing as you say it, but that’s not the main purpose of this thread. It’s all about listing ALL the flashlights containing BLF firmwares @ one easy to reach place and for easy reference. I just want to make this list as comprehensive as possible :D

Tom E makes it a bit easier with his Narsil firmware, as he is using version numbers and even has a build in version check into the flashlights itself. ToyKeeper on the other hand has the easy following up going on, with her amazing work in the firmware repository on launchpad.

Although I think this list is as good as complete (for now), the only person that can really tell for sure is ToyKeeper herself.

- SAM -

Thanks for clarifying - with that information I believe it should be feasible to complete this.

Offtopic:

As far I learned to know, Astrolux started as an in-house budget priced flashlight brand at the Banggood store. Their first flashlights where being produced by Manker. These days their flashlight are being produced by Mateminco, a trademark of manufacturer Dongguan Tongming Lighting Technology Co., Limited
It could very well be that this is also the same manufacturer for the Manker flashlights.

Question: are people from this BLF community being involved in creating the Astrolux brand/flashlights? Can someone elaborate on this? I just like to know :D

- SAM -

Thanks - useful post, including the firmware flashing links in the same place is great.

My pleasure ;)

As for having the firmware flashing links in the same place, that is also part of the purpose of this thread. I have a strange feeling easy flashing new/updated firmwares is going to be the thing For All Of Us in the near future. Saying that, it would also be very nice to have a true BLF FlashKit, containing all the parts needed for firmware flashing onto our beloved flashlights :D

f.e. the BLF HQ ProgKey is very promising!

- SAM -

OP Updated: I've added ✰ Other Useful Lists on BLF

- SAM -

Most Popular Flashlights on this list

1. TLF/BLF FW3A (The game changer)
  2. BLF Q8 (The Miller killer )
  3. BLF GT (don't need to tell anything, Giggles)
  4. BLF LT1 (The logical Q8 evolution)
  5. BLF A6 (The one who started it all)
  6. BLF X6/X5 (KRONOS, BLF Dream Team)

- SAM -

OP Updated:

- SAM -

TBH, I’d have to look it up to see if anything is missing. I tend to forget where my stuff has been used, because it’s easier to let my computer remember that sort of thing instead of trying to keep it in my head.

Glancing over the list, I can at least tell you the CPFi Cometa was from Manker, not Jaxman. And it’s cpfitalia, not CPF. The light was supposed to be from Jaxman, but … long story short, I wouldn’t say honesty was one of the project’s strengths.

One thing which comes to mind which wasn’t on the list was the Reylight Dawn. It uses a Texas_Ace derivative of Bistro. And I seem to recall he had a derivative of Bistro on some other lights too, though I forget which. And I think Texas_Ace also has several derivatives of NarsilM on various lights, like the MT09R, GT70, Mini-GT, and S43.

Some lights have used both NarsilM and Anduril in different production batches, like the ROT66 and SP36.

The FW3A was created on TLF before becoming a collaboration with BLF.

Thank You TK :THUMBS-UP:

OP Updated:

• with input from above post ...

- SAM -

The Mateminco X6S (triple Nichia 219C or triple XPL-Hi) also uses Bistro.

Thanks d_t_a :THUMBS-UP:

I've added it to the list...

Do you know their official website/store by any chance?

- SAM -

This, at AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32951763523.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.87.40ff5c75SrTECM&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_8_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10304_10307_10820_10301_10821_537_536%2Csearchweb201603_52%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=3ff422f7-5dbe-456a-a6e7-378129bba5f7-13&algo_pvid=3ff422f7-5dbe-456a-a6e7-378129bba5f7&transAbTest=ae803_3

I suppose I can add many others from their assortment, as they have the same lineup as their Astrolux siblings

Will add them all later ...

- SAM -

I believe so, I guess they have identical/the same UIs!