FLASKLITE - Nickel's Handbuild Copper Zoomie

What you see is what you get. It works, the beam-shots are up. Not really finished. Full account in post #2. Thanks everybody.

The stress of this past week was intense not knowing if it would be finished in time or if it would work and knowing there’s no time left to fix it. I certainly appreciate your efforts on this build and am glad you went for it. Bravo!

Very creative Kent. Also I think you are the only one to use colors in the whole competition.

Quote nickelflipper, ‘’Hope to finish up in the next week or so, and will share a beauty shot, possibly more beam shots. In retrospect, should have tried grafting some 3/4” hose threads for the battery caps rather than try the homemade threads. The light could have benefited by using a more mechanical attachments, as opposed the layer upon layer of soldering steps.’’

Thanks for sharing what you got done and the beamshots. It sounds like what you have learnt here, as we all have, will put you in good stead for next year. Give yourself a pat on the back. cheers. :beer:

Thanks again, I appreciate you more experienced builders comments. I certainly learned a lot from the build process. I seem to learn best by doing things, and exploring angles that may work out, or not. Until you try, who knows, you just may come up with an original idea.

There seems to be some nugget of information, or way of doing things in each of the builds. I know I have taken some on. Hopefully, in some accidental way, someone can see one in my build.