✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF01S 15000lm Flashlight Group Buy - ENDED

Looks good. I got the Sand, but am really liking the look of that blue.

Btw, flat top batteries work perfectly fine in both of my lights. The contact point appears to be raised, i’m using molicel p26a’s in the 6500.

Now I'm glad I ordered a blue one, that looks great.

So far not a trace of copper, all brass.

After I removed the screws to take the prior photos whenever I untwist the body to lockout it started making a slight skip along metal noise as though the spring contact was catching and skipping when it touched the body brass center ring. The uppermost spring contact point appears to be the solder point for the wire bypass, which is not the best conductivity as far as I know and neither is brass compared to copper. Perhaps it had some slight lubrication that I removed.

Subsequently I flexed the spring around a bit, rather stiff and creaky when flexed. My concern would be long term use wearing down the contact points. Is there some type of lubrication that would be ok to use? Secondly how to improve contact point by perhaps soldering a thin copper disc on top of the spring or replacing the whole spring with a copper one. Any easy solutions or am I making too much of this. By the way I’m very pleased with the flashlight, simply open to easy improvements. Let me know if these issues are more appropriate in a different thread.

Which is the best photo host to use. I’ve tried Imgur and now flikr to no avail, or is there a minimum number of posts necessary to post images/

Imgur

Imgur

I don’t see much problem with the brass and spring setup. You don’t want a sharp point sticking up reducing spring contact. If the solder is sticking up you can run an iron over the top to level it out. Be careful not to unsolder the wire.

I’ve seen you use Google and Flickr. I prefer Imgur. Did you try that?

Imgur is good, though it's blocked in China.

There is no minimum post requirement to post pics, but it's not super-intuitive.

Here's a guide:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/47268

Thank you both for your advice. I tried imgur on preview, image didn’t show so I used flickr.

raccoon city, I’ve been using your referenced link for posting images. Trying again with imgur. I’m in the US.

In case anyone else finds it useful, the image posting solution has been to use imgur - Direct Link address in Image URL box and Optional Link URL box with Image Link address from imgur.

Body discs removed.

Lower right disc flipped over so small postive discs appear to correspond to negative springs from image above, but they don’t as seen in lower image.

Yep, that’s what I thought. Thanks for the pic.

You could probably run an iron over that spring end to try and flatten that solder blob a bit.

Thank you, ordered holster.

What’s the story with these other colors?

There was no story at the place you found the picture?

They probably had a sample made of every color their anodization company could do to figure out which looked best to offer for sale. They obviously can’t offer every color, they’re already starting to reduce the options, so they have to narrow it down somehow. That’s my guess.

Orange would have been cool. I’m looking forward to similar color options on the mini.

I can confirm that flat top Samsung 30Q work fine.

Is this our RED version?

I don’t see any red in the above picture…

BTW: on BG product page, we see the brown one - second row, first one, but they ship the gold one - same row, third one…

Finally ordered tan/gold 4000k + two diffusers. :smiley:

Do you only see shades of gray?

Oh man, orange would have been incredible. I’d probably order a third one if they came out with that color.

I don’t see Red or “Cherry”. I’m calling it Raspberry. And my blue one is Blueberry.

Oh! What’s this “mini” being mentioned above?

MF01 Mini…