FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Good catch! I’m not surprised I missed something in 5400 comments. :slight_smile:

Hahaha, ruthless.

We do feel loved, TK.

+1…. Well said!! :+1:
It’s good to feel the ’luv’…… or the “something”, whatever the case may be. :wink:

All 5400 posts :open_mouth: …… Wow… that is dedication for sure TK!! :beer: :+1:

Thanks for your efforts Pepinfaxera and ToyKeeper

A question for everyone…

There has been some difficulty obtaining LH351D 4000K 90CRI emitters, because only one supplier has them in stock. Otherwise, there is a 5 or 6 week wait time to get the LEDs.

Digikey has some in stock, but Bob_McBob tested them and found them a little on the green side. It’s picture #2 in that album, on the left.

So which do you think would be better:

  1. Make the lights now, using parts from Digikey. Based on Bob’s small sample, the tint might be above the BBL.
  2. Wait ~6 weeks until a more specific tint bin can be obtained from the manufacturer.
  3. Make the XP-L HI model now, and do the LH351D lights later.

Here’s the beam shot again, cropped to remove the other light in the original picture:

I may be biased in that I want the XP-L Hi version, but I’d say produce the XP-L Hi now and then LH351D later. If I was going for the Samsung version I’d rather wait for the possibility of a good tint given what I’ve seen with my LH351D emitters.

First, thanks ToyKeeper and pepinfaxera, without both of you these would be quite messy by this time :blush: You should get free lights!! Just saying!!

About the options above, I would say this:

Goodness TK, sifting through all of those posts like that. Even if you scripted something to help, its pretty amazing.

I vote XPL-HI now. Ive seen so many green LH351s that im totally turned off by them unless we can guarantee a rosy tint. Ill buy 1-2 4k XPL-HIs right now if theyre offered at the estimated prices.

My vote is for:

Make the XP-L HI model now, and do the LH351D lights later.

How much longer would it take to start manufacturing the Samsung led version if they start making the xpl hi first?

Given the different tint preferences by everyone I’m imagining there will be a lot of emitter swaps happening anyway.

So option 1 or 3 is good

My vote is for:

Make the XP-L HI model now, and do the LH351D lights later.

I don’t mind waiting another 6 weeks and get the product like it was supposed to be but on the other hand I do like 4k XP-L HI so I’d probably get both :slight_smile:
As I’ve got mercy for my wallet I’d say let’s wait :wink:

What is planned for the LEDs?
Two choices
Samsung 4000K and
Hi ~5000k ?

Four choices
4000K and ~5000K on both LEDs?

My vote is for either option 2 or 3.

Getting excited now, please put my name down for one more! (request# 1460, total now = 2)

I say start pumping out the HI versions and start building the better tint ones when they arrive. This project has potential to create the nearly ideal edc 18650 light. I’d hate to have a less than stellar tint and start wondering about modding it right off the bat.

Welcome in the house of the insane, Toykeeper.
Now we are two.

I did it a few posts earlier.

No emitter at all for me please… I’ll swap them anyway :person_facepalming:
That said, the XP-L HI will be pricier, so I’ll wait

Was that confirmed /defined already?
$30 is the price, and it was talked about the XPL-HI being slightly more expensive ($35 ?!) but I’m not sure if it was defined already!

Anyway, I will still get an XPL-HI :smiley: