Got a Kurig coffee machine, its great

There are very few things in my life that I have extra time for. Anything that makes me spend less time on boring tasks like making coffee or paying bills or shaving, gets my vote. I have made a point of cleaning up all the time wasting aspects of my life. I even have a sonic toothbrush to save time but still get a good cleaning. I was sick of always having to do some chore and never having enough time to do what I wanted.

My typical day now starts at 7:30am when I wake up to be at work at 8:00. I wake up, go to the bathroom and put on my cloths. Make a cup of coffee and head out the door. I am out of the house by 7:45 and at work by 8:00. Off work at 4:00pm and home by 4:00-4:45 depending on where I end up at work. Check the mail, change into bike riding gear and load up my bike in my suv. Drive a few mins to the country and ride for the next 1-2 hours. Come home and jump in the pool. After the pool, I decide where to eat dinner with the wife (we don’t cook much) and head out for a few cocktails with friends or family and eat something. Home by 9:30-10:00 and watch TV or surf the web for a few hours. In bed by 12:00-12:30.

I save up some chores for the weekend so my week isn’t as busy.

I hate it when I feel I have a bunch of crap to do. I don’t like being busy. I like doing stuff but not nagging tasks like paying bills. My bills are all direct deposit.

How does the above confection qualify as coffee :zipper_mouth_face:

Instant coffee for me unless I'm on the road -- then I swing by McDonalds because Starbucks is just way too expensive.

Every once in a while, I drink iced Folgers Caramel Mocha Cappuccino. I used to buy 12 pounds of Gourmet Mix for $19.95 on eBay. Unfortunately, it looks like that deal (and the eBay seller) are long gone. However, I still have over 6 pounds of mix left from my last order (back in October 2010). Mmm... iced cappuccino!

I ground my beans & also use a perc since I am a fan of “trail coffee” I perc it for a long time so as to extract ALL the goodness from the grounds! YES! I have an electric as well as one you set on an open flame. Oh yes, I NEVER use tap crap Not even for shower (all purified).

Keith

I have my own grinder and use an auto-drip but I’m thinking of getting an espresso machine soon. I like strong, black coffee. Coffee, like any other food or drink is all personal preference. Drink whatever you like! :beer:

My everyday setup:

then (for water)…

then…

then…

Anyone who's into coffee should also buy and try coffee from a moka pot, for example Bialetti (they are cheap, $20-$30 from Amazon), it's how most Italians make their coffee:

taz, that is what I use for breakfast, they are cheap, and quick to make good amounts of coffee, but for me it does not taste any close to a good expresso, the nesspresso are closer but expensive per cup, and not that quick if you want more than a cup.

Not many people here seem to have an automated machine. Imo nothing's better than freshly grinded coffee beans..

I own a french press and a mokka pot, too. They get use when I have guests, but in the morning, I dont want to do anything except for pushing some buttons.. :D

The good thing with the machines (apart from the convenience) is that they put EXACTLY the right amount of water and at the right temperature, and also those little cups have excellent coffee in them. Mostly it's all about the coffee and the water as I said earlier. While on summer holidays last year, where I stay there was a couple from Milan, and 2 couples from Napoli. The couples from Napoli brought with them a moka machine, coffee, and mineral water from Napoli, they were making an excellent espresso, short with a perfect flavor, from that little pot. When it comes to espresso/moka you ask an Italian about the taste. :) So even the couple from Milan said that in Napoli they make the best espresso, even at home... I suppose it is a bit of a ritual and having experimented with your raw materials... I have a Gaggia at home, but will definitely buy a moke pot before winter comes... Here because of summer we drink cold coffees right now, either frappes or freddos :P

my wife uses a keurig…I find the coffee not strong enough and prefer drip or french press…

All depends on the K-Cup. I find a bunch of them way too weak to my liking. I find Green Mountain Dark Magic extra bold, and Newman’s Own Special Blend Extra Bold Coffee strong enough for me

yeah tried all of those and still find it not strong enough…they were ok and drinkable though…for the cost i’ll take the drip…it’s just exactly what I want and really cheap…lol

Kurig coffee maker really great! I have a machine. When I use it. I feel free. To produce coffee, it is well-proportionately mixed in proportion to mixing the right amount of water and coffee grains. So the Kurig coffee maker is very useful for everyone.

I use well water and it is the best.

ken

Old thread, but since someone revived it, I’ll chime in. I have a Keurig and work and home. They are convenient and produce an acceptable cup of coffee, but for my money, the best coffee comes out of a French press. Close second is a vacuum coffee maker like the Bodum Santos.

Back to Keurig, Costco is selling 100 k-cup dark roast by San Francisco Coffee company for $30. That’s $.30 a cup. The entire K-cup is compostable as is the bag that they are shipped in.

I’ll drink Keurig if there is nothing else available, but it is last resort. You can do so much better than Keurig. The best coffee will require some manual effort and using freshly roasted beans. But even if you insist on a capsule machine for convenience, which I understand, Nespresso is a lot better than Keurig, IMO.

Resort, a place to go to relax and have a stress-free time.

Perfect description of why I use a Keurig. Lately, have been buying pods at Safeway on sale for $.20/ ea. Yes, 20 cents for a Keurig cup of coffee! Also buy in quantity the San Francisco Bay variety when Costco has the $5 off coupon, making them $.25/ cup. We compost the grounds from the Safeway pods and everything but the plastic ring on the S.F. Bay pods. The makers claim the whole pod is compostable, but that has not been my experience.

Yes, but it’s the last one. :slight_smile: