Green DX laser

you are absolutely correct! Yes, the 'stupid things' you indicated was key.

Just in case anybody needs the calculator.

http://www.laser-professionals.com/resources/easyhazweb.htm

hey it was a bad joke. it doesnt matter because we in america are headed the same direction, and FAST.

I feel bad for those screwed by their government, thats why i made it as the military. they are run by the politically corrupt.

back on topic. sorry again!

No problem xP.1337, sorry for my over-reaction.

Coincidentally I bought the second listed of these (the $8.54 one) and received it last week.

I can confirm that it is certainly more powerful than 5mw, but how much I'm not qualified or equipped to say. Some with measuring equipment are quoting 30-40mw, and I would not dispute this.

What I can tell you is that the beam is visible in a moderately lit room, and outside at night is very bright. I have aimed the beam at a (unoccupied) building about 3/4 of a mile away, and the beam and spot were much brighter than I expected, with very low divergance. You certainly need to use this laser with caution, but it is not of "burning" power.

Sometimes it does not work when the button is pressed, but this is purely a temperature related issue. Hold the diode end in your hand for 30 seconds to warm it up and it works fine. It does need alkaline batteries, as it seems to have a fairly high power draw. I have wired a single cell lipo (4.2v) to it, and it worked fine, but this may shorten the diode's lifespan.

I would happily recommend it as a fun pointing laser at a very good price. Just be respectful of its power and you'll be fine.

I've ordered one but it's already 3 weeks being processed. I think of cancelling the order on dealextreme, anyone knows a reliable ebay seller which sells these lasers?

Anyone know if the batteries of the dx one are rechargeable?

Here you go http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/S3_Krypton_Series-113-63b.html

1W green laser ;)

I'm looking for the same 'brand' of lasers. Wickedlasers are way overpriced.

received my laser from DX and it's awesome! Furthest object i can see from my house is a factory about 2km away and with the naked eye it's obvious that the laser easily reaches this building and it's confirmed by someone living next to the factory that the dot is still very very bright.

Which one did you get?

this one, but i guess the one without the included batteries is just the same (dx green laser with logo)

I'm going to order another one as soon as my paypal is topped up.

Is it really that bright?
I have couple of such lasers from Ebay, and as I previously mentioned their output varies greatly from good to low and they all look the same, except for the heatsink-head size.

Interesting, will put this on my wish list, thanks :)!

FYI, i ordered two of these from DX 5 weeks ago and they arrived in brazil 2 weeks ago.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/true-green-laser-pen-5mw-91

One of them is very strong and i think as something between 30 and 50mw judging by comparison to internet videos, the beam is visible in a bright room and awesome bright at night, its like a starwars laser sword. Just to look at the spot on a bright wall hurts a little and i am very careful not even to get hit by a reflection... no way to use if for presentation, people get scared. It does burn trough black thin foil (up close and takes some time). The other one was OK and not so bright but has a intermittent contact so that i have to shake it a bit before it gives out a steady beam. So the output spread and general quality of the DX lasers i very wide and they can for sure be very dangerous - be aware. But the price is very tempting, i think everybody needs to have a green laser :-)

I also ordered a 200mw labeled one from aliexpress for around 35 USD in a flashlight like host (no i did not expect to get real 200mv), it is maybe a little bit stronger than the overpowered 5mw DX pen. I also have protection glasses that work but its not fun to use them, so no i only play with the lasers outside in the dark.

cheers,

Alex

This is a picture i took shining on a church 500m away. Beam is a lil' bit shaky so the dot is wider than in real life but the brightness is what i see with the naked eye. The laser easily reaches 2km, going to test further range if i can.

I have no idea about the mw as i do not own anything i could compare it to.

Seems like its similar to the birghtest of the ones that I have.

Not bad!

During daytime the beam of my laser is barely visible and at night calling it a starwars laser sword is a bit exagerated but u can defintely see the beam reaching infinitely.

If i compare my laser to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woiTedSKPrk&feature=related it isn't even 5mw :p, so if i already think this one is bright i have a lot of chance that another one i order is even much brighter!

Or the person who made this video is a smoker and has a lot of dust particles floating in his home.