groupbuy: Astrolux® SC01 QC USB Charger only $2.99

Ordered, thank you

Took 10,thanks

Are there some reviews?

Does the SC01 terminate properly?

thank you guys! :beer:

sorry, whats the use case here? especially for people ordering like 5 or 10? i must be not seeing something…i know 4 slots can be a bit big to carry, but 2 slot should be ok?

I thought it would be cheap chargers to give to family and friends.
Ordered 20. Thank you

Convenience. If I just want to top up a cell and the power sockets are being used by other stuff (phone charger), it’s easier to pop an 18650 into a single cell charger and power it off a USB 3 connection from my laptop.

I’ve got 5 power sockets at my desk and my main chargers, an XTAR VP2 and a Vapcell S4+, both use two sockets when in use. I disconnect them when not in use and free up the sockets for a LIFX desk light and a phone charger. I could get a larger power board but I’d rather not have so many cables on the desk.

They’d probably make good gifts too if giving away 18650 flashlights to family and friends.

hm…when i give away flashlights for people whos not really that into flashlights, i just been giving them sofirn, sc31 pro, sp70, they all come with built in charger, even more convenient and less hassle for them.

That’s probably safer and easier. :+1:

SC01 arrived! It’s a chunky single cell charger.

It seems like good value for the price.

My 18650 charged from 3.80V to 4.20V within about 2 hours. I measured the input and it started at 1.3A and gradually dropped to 7mA.

Has anyone measured the SC01 properly to check termination?

I tried a USB-C PD adapter for the power supply and the SC01 didn’t turn on. A regular 5V 2.4A and QC3 supply worked.

Has anyone else got their SC01 working with USB-C PD?

Can you please test the charger with your iphone power adapter?

I don’t have an iPhone.

I tried the following:
Apple iPad Charger USB-A socket (OK)
Apple Macbook 2020 Charger USB-C (doesn’t work)
Google Pixel Charger USB-C to USB-C Power Delivery (doesn’t work)
Laptop USB 3 Type-A to USB-C (OK)
Powerbank 5V 2.4A (OK)
Powerbank QC3 (OK)

Oh okay, sorry mate, at a glance it appeared you had an iPhone.

Any idea why this damn charger is so hit and miss with power adapters?

I think the SC01 just doesn’t support USB-C Power Delivery.

People might have old power adapters with USB Type-A sockets at home or in their car. But modern phones, laptops etc are moving toward USB-C PD.

Flashlight and charger companies should consider supporting USB-C PD over Micro USB or USB-C without PD for new products.

Yep I think you’re right :+1:

I bought a bunch to give away with the lights I’m giving for Xmas, but I have a question.

It says you need to supply a 2A power supply.
If you use a 1A power supply will charge at 1A of just not work.

i would guess it will just max out below 1A