GROUPBUY: JETBEAM JET II Pro 12 Anniversary $45

Thank you Martin. I have filed my complaint.

What’s it with these ugly lights recently. I would pay not to have that.

Would paying me for not buying my light be an option?

:money_mouth_face: :wink:

Edit: Yeah, you can have that for free. But seriously, there’s light. The reflector geometry ist perfect, the OP really nicely textured. With a useful bezel, it could have had a great beam (no, turning it around is not an option as sharp edges are close to the switch then). Leaving the bezel away shows the ugly thread.

Maybe take a dremel cutoff wheel to decrown the king :slight_smile:

I’m about doing this. Regular models come with a demilitarized bezel. I’m dissapointed (but knew it) that this one doesn’t.

Haha, they changed the product description to:

Package included: 1 x JET II Pro 12 Anniversary Flashlight(Not included)

So, now there's a battery but no flashlight? :FACEPALM:

Ok, I guess BG have had some complaints and this is their way to resolve the problem. Haven't heard from them btw.

not to disappoint anyone here but… seems like the clip will come in just like that, perhaps the reason why they’re trying to make a deal to sell them off cheaply

i hope banggood is able to return them back to jetbeam and resolve the issue but knowing how chinese manufacturer and online retail stores work in general, chances they’ll still have to go somewhere rather being fixed

I’d happily take a washer with the notch to fill the space. Or a different (thicker) clip.

Did I mention that the diameter is slightly to large? The clip does not only rotate, it moves forth and back.

Got an answer:

“Please kindly make sure that the issue is obviously shown in the photos.”

Ok, a picture with no battery. Yes, Sir.

Edit: If you ordered the flashlight when the product page listed the 16340 - Don’t throw away the bag, BG requests an image of it!

Edit2: BG has offerered a refund of 5 EUR, which I have taken.

i am sorry for the hickup!

A thick oring is probably the easiest fix for the clip.

BG’s fault, not yours, Martin.

And mine was it not to find the extra bezel. The loose clip alone is bearable, all in all is it a fine offer, thanks for it!

Doesn’t work when the ring is used as bezel. Hopefully Jetbeam can offer it seperately. And since it is screwed, it can be adjustet to pinch the clip.

Edit: Flat bezels are available sperately from Jetbeam :-).

On April 21 I ordered and pay 1pc (order #83615717).
On May 21 they unilaterally cancelled the order.
On May 22 I claimed the money back.

Until now they have not yet refunded the money. What is the excuse for not doing it?

have you contacted CS?

https://www.banggood.com/Contact-Us_hi111

Yes.
On 22th at cservice@banggood.com.
This was the answer:

A few minutes ago I sent another email to cservice@banggood.com:

thanks
i ask my contact to have a look into your case

So what is stopping the tail cap from screwing tightly agaisnt the clip ring. Is it the tube hitting the tail cap switch pcb on the inside or is it that the tail cap is tight agaisnt the clip ring already. Take the clip off and see how far the tail cap screws on to the tube. If there is a gap just like before (too much space for the clip ring to take up) sand or file the bottom of tube to allow the tail cap to screw on further and tighten on the clip ring. Just be careful and dont go to far. Titanium is a little harder to remove material than aluminum.

Hello, please PM your problems and order number to me, i will check what happened! [quote=Unloco] Yes. On 22th at cservice@banggood.com. This was the answer: [quote] Dear xxxxxxx, Thank you for your e-mail. You will get the refund of your order 83615717 to your payment source which is PayPal account which you used at the time of placing the order. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope for your understanding on this matter. Best regards, Stuart [/quote] A few minutes ago I sent another email to cservice@banggood.com: [quote] I have not yet received a refund of my money. What is the excuse for not doing it? [/quote]

[/quote]

This problem was solved.
Today the refund is in my PP account.
Thanks!

PS. Why if they receive the money simultaneously with the order do they not refund it at the time they cancel it? Are they bankrupt and need covert financing?

It is explained here.

The ring the clips sits on is not part of the body, but threaded. One can reposition it. It can even be taken off to be used as bezel!