HAIKELITE MT41 4*W2 OSRAM

here is my quick video about how does it perform. It’s about 500-600m to the end of the mine. I’ll try my best tonight and I’ll make some more beamshots in various ranges, I even have drone footage of it, but I need to glue it all into single video :smiley: all those interested ones - stay tuned!

Beautiful video but above all beautiful location, where is this place? For curiosity...

Yes, the folks at Haikelite are not very good at promoting their products. BG has a new Haikelite that looks interesting. It isn’t even listed with a model name or number but is listed as Haikelite XPH50.2 (SIC). I can find no other info.

I’ve looked for the MT41, maybe it’s only available in some areas.

Sobótka, Poland - granite mine

Yes, I found it on BG says 7 XHP50.2 LEDs and 23000 lumens !!! Can you tell me more about this new product? Thanks.

Thread on that one over here

Does anyone here have an idea of what the best batteries to use for this would be? I just bought one and I want to double check that I'm picking the right batteries.

I'm looking at picking up button top versions of either 4x Molicel P26As (~25a continuous), Samsung 30Qs (15a continuous), or Sanyo NCR18650GAs (10a continuous).

I think the CSLPM1 won't pull more than ~9a per LED, correct? If that's the case, then I would see no performance benefit going for 30Qs or P26As over the Sanyos?

I want to make sure I'll be getting the absolute maximum performance out of it, and I'm happy to sacrifice some capacity for that, but if there's no benefit going for the higher drain cells then I might as well go for the Sanyos.

Those cells are probably in parallel, so figure 8 amps per emitter on Turbo, that’s 32 amp (barring losses for resistance, etc), so you’d be fine with GA’s, but to get the most out of it, go with Sony VTC6 (if you can find them). If you can’t find those, Vapcell rewraps them.

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m pretty sure I need button tops. I haven’t been able to find button top VTC6s in stock, or button top Vapcell rewraps of them. I assume 30Qs would be pretty equivalent, right?

Vtc6 hits a little harder and can sustain higher current for longer, basically the voltage sags less ss load increases. 30Q are fine, but GAs will be better I think due to the longer runtimes. That or LG MJ1 or Samsung 35E

I use MOLICEL P28A

I use Murata VTC05A from yesterday and the performance is way better than Samsung 30Q! Impressive!

You use button top cells correct? I assume this light only takes button tops, but if it takes flat tops that would be better of course.

That is interesting! Then I will probably go for P26As, considering they are also cheaper than 30Qs.

I’m using flat - them works for me, not a single problem with connection, which is strange for me, because it shouldn’t work properly according to manual. :smiley:

Well that’s…confusing. Maybe I just have to wait until it arrives to see what will fit in there. Though I suppose the safest bet would be to follow the manual and just get 4x button top P26As.

Maybe your VTC5As have slightly protruding flat tops? Maybe you could take a pic of the contacts in the light?

Thanks to everyone for your help so far.

My Molicel P28A are button tops, I modified them with very little money by purchasing the buttons and then the PVC to cover them on AliExpress.

here are some photos from me - still unable to capture decent range shot, because in my country every evening is misty right now (warm days, cold nights), but at keast you can check beam profile :slight_smile:

thanx, have to consider this one.

8a per LED with Osram? never thought it can consume that much...

daylight, left - Haikelite MT41 4xPM1, right - Wurkkos TS30s SBT90.2

Haikelite with 4x Murata VTC5A, Wurkkos with Samsung 40T

Nice! Any way you can do a candela measurement?