Hello Folks!

HahahahaHaHaHaHaHAHAHAHA [doomf!] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Aaaaah… good one.

On the other hand, you could swear to not buy another light ’til the ’3A finally comes out. Save lotsa bux that way. :laughing:

The FW3A will be here any minute!

Doesn't cost anything to put your name on the FW3A interest list and hope for the best! It doesn't have quite as much throw as I would like, but the size, shape, beam quality, and Anduri UI are appealing.

Nah, I’ll wait for the bugs to get worked out first.

All the knives, especially the ones I can’t afford, currently my edc is a kershaw Emerson cqc-8k but I’m looking for something less bulky, more of a “gentleman’s knife”.

Personally, I like budget assisted-openers.

The slimmest one I know of, and one of my personal favorites, is the Kershaw Leek.

Of all the knives that I like, that one is probably the most gentleman-ish.

If you want something much cheaper, there's the Pico, but it isn't nearly as slim.

I looked at it but I’m not a fan of the blade shape/size I was looking at getting a flipper like the ruike p 108 or hussar.

IMHO, a serious EDC knife should be disguised as a comb or lipstick!

Edit: This seemed funny when I posted it, but now I can see it's a bit sick. Sorry.

Started a course of antibiotics yesterday, but no excuse.

But I see that the OP is supporting the cause and has added his name to the FW3A interest list. Congratulations!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Now, I’m having second thoughts.

Before you second guess yourself, use the 1000+ interest list as a display of faith in the project and the final production product.

Lightbringer: I’m actually really curious about your comment: I see your posts all over so I know you’ve been a very active member for years. From what I’ve seen so far, I thought that BLF projects or joint project lights were some of the most reliable and well built lights available?

swiftblade: lol I want you to know that my meme was real but nothing about it I regret. Use this forum to make sound purchases and you’ll likely never experience remorse. I’ve accepted the fact that this has become a collection for me but I’ve been able to control it by keeping my purchases to specific categories or uses(as possible). Example: I own the farthest thrower, I own the 2016 brightest light which is mostly flood but can’t be carried in a pocket, I own a pocket-able huge lumen flood light, I own a pocket-able thrower… By doing this I keep it reasonable ish and can usually convince myself not to buy a particular light even if it’s on a crazy deal when I already have one that fits that particular category.

My long schpeel was to help defend why I really wanted to suggest you check this thread out. It seems possible it could finally hit production in 2019 but you never know.
BLF Ultimate Lantern Project

There are always bugs that take time shaking out. Well-established driver software that… oops, didn’t blow the right fuses in the µC, so everything blinks at double-speed. Moonlight/Firefly modes that don’t, at least not all the time. Little things that sometimes don’t show up for a long time.

Sometimes you just wanna sit back and wait for something to get “established” before picking up one or more, that’s all.

so if I read this right I should get the A8 as my first 18650 light?

But, but, but group buy pre-order price! :weary:

lol your logic is sound. My impulsiveness trumps logic though :money_mouth_face:

My 18650 recomendations
The A8 is solid
The Emisar D4 was the single most popular BLF flashlight of 2018 and you can get an 18350 tube for it
The Fireflies E07 is still currently available at the group buy price
The BLF GT mini is at an amazing price from BG right now and you can get an 18350 tube for it
The Olight M2R is expensive but Olight is one of the top quality brands
The fireflies PL47 is a right angle light that doubles as a headlamp and this is also still on group buy pricing

I ordered a fireflies E07 and a BLF GT mini two days ago.

The only reason I chose the fireflies over the Emisar D4 is because of the price you can still get the E07 for. I’m going to wait until the D4 eventually drops more in price and get one also.

Wait, wotnahell’s an “A8”?

There are plenty of solid lights for <30bux, mostly tubelights and other carryables (S2+, F1, SP32, TK18, UT20, etc.).

What ticked all the boxes for me is pricier (~55bux with code), but at this point it’s gonna be my EDC for a looooong time, unless something “better” displaces it, which isn’t likely. And that’s the MH20.

2-stage switch, press’n’hold halfway for moonlight, fullway for turbo, regular click-on/click-off, battery-voltage blinkout each time you reconnect the cell (ie, check any time by unscrewing/rescrewing), nice balanced beam (get the MH20GT for Greater Throw), usb charging, barely bigger’n the cell that gets stuck inside it. Add to that well-hidden blinkies, switch “beacon” turned on/off by a quick half-press, other niceties, and it’s hard to beat. And it’s stoopit-bright for something its size.

I think he was referring to this? A BLF edition A8

BLF review A8

correction: a typo snuck in I was referring to the BLF A6
Lightbringer mattadores

Aha. Was wondering if there’s a cross between A6 and Q8 or something. :smiley: