Hello from Au

Hi. I joined because I’ve acquired a bit of stuff lately and have a few questions. I needed a pocketable rechargeable torch and I thought I’d pick up a lantern as well.

I bought a 21700 Wuben C2 first. Great touch but I thought I could get smaller so got the 18650 Ruben C3. Thought I’d try Anduril so bought a 18650 Sofirn SC31 Pro. I’ve decided I’d prefer something with more flood, so have now ordered a Wuben D1. I also picked up a Sofirn HP36 BLF Anduril.

For lanterns I picked up a Sofirn LT!S and a Wuben F5. I hope I’m not being blasphemous in saying I prefer the Wuben to the Sofirn. A Sofirn BLF LT1 is on its way from China.

I’ve got a Xtar VC4Sl charger on its way too.

These Chinese flashlights are such great value, its hard to resist them.

4 Thanks

Welcome to BLF Gossen!

Those are some pretty nice lights you bought. We would love to answer any questions you have but I cant seem to find any in your post.

1 Thank

I can ask here? Great. Thank you Lumaine.

My LT1S (actually 3 of them) have varying degrees of unevenness around the top of the diffuser. I’ve looked at the tear down pictures and there are wires I guessing could be causing shadows. Alternatively I’m little worried they could have individual LED not functioning. It not a big issue- just one of those things. These came from AliExpress (not the Sofirn Official Store) Could they be seconds?

Does the LT1S have ramping in its tinting? I’m struggling with the one click and hold to change colour temperature.

Finally, Is the Xtar VC4SL a decent charger or should I have gotten something different? It was the cheapest.

1 Thank
  • uhh I might have messed up here, Im not sure about this.
  • There is one other store in AliX that is authorized Sofirn seller, the name is something like “Beemax”. I woudnt buy from any other store in AliX. Also, if your are comfortable with it, you can take it apart yourself and check for any dead LEDs. Sofirn has pretty good customer support for such cases.
  • I dont own the light but I think it does have tint ramping. You can refer to this video for detailed UI instructions.

Yes it is good enough for normal usage and just charging up your batteries.

1 Thank

Thanks for joining the gang, Gossen!

1 Thank

Welcome on BLF @Gossen !

I think it’s a very good “simple” charger with some nice features on, especially for it’s price !
If really need anything better than that you probably need to spend some more money… !?

I have an old XTAR VP2 for quite some time and it works like a Champ !

Thanks Tarrtara and Raccoon or should I say Milla Jovovich. Big fan by the way.

Took out the SP36 tonight. I only recieved it yesterday. So bright. So hot. I definitely don’t recommend walking around in public with it in your pocket.

1 Thank

Not blasphemous at all. But (as I have both) I think the two devices serve somewhat different purposes. The LT1S is a 360 light source. The Wuben more directional. So I suppose it is all about what you want to do with them. An example: For something like playing cards with 3 or 4 people at a table, The Wuben wouldn’t work very well.

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF, Gossen! Looks like the bug has already bitten you. lol.

There are so many very good lights these days and for not much money…it’s great. If you have a particular beam type, distance, color, etc. you can pretty much get exactly what you like from someone without having to swap parts or do mods yourself. Heat is a normal part of many lights…we drive the emitters harder than recommended by manufacturers, and we’re cramming them into tiny metal hosts that can’t dissipate the heat fast enough. Some get hotter than others, and with lights that use Anduril or similar firmware you can adjust that max heat point a little bit. You might also like some of the lights from Convoy (Simon) and from Hank (International Outdoors…his brands are Emisar and Noctigon)…both very popular and great value for the features and quality.

Welcome to BLF Gossen!

Looks like you have some pretty nice flashlights/lanterns. :+1:

Welcome!