Help with finding a high wattage light fixture

Does anybody know where I can find enclosed, clear glass light fixtures that can house a 100 watt or higher lightbulb?

For example, a chicken brooder light would be perfect if only I could buy one enclosed with glass.

check here, maybe you'll find something that works for you

Am I missing something? A hundred watts is not all that much for a single incandescent light bulb.

what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what

I don't know...

100 whats looks like a lot!

And the award for stupidest joke goes to...

raccoon!

no, it is not much for open fixture, of large volume fixture, but for smalish sealed lights excess heat is an issue that is why they rate it by max wattage.

Bulkhead lights might be worth looking at if you’re after the industrial look.

Maybe vintage glass ceiling lights for something fancy, they don’t make them like they used to.

High wattage fixtures are getting pretty hard to find now, makers are using the push towards LED as an excuse to skimp on absolutely everything.

Enclosed does not automatically mean overheating. The glass transfers heat as well. Most coffee pots are glass. The heat transfers from the heating element through the glass to the coffee. If you turn off the heating element the heat would be transferred from the hot coffee through the glass and back to the heating element. Of course some heat is transferred to surrounding air as well.