I am addicted to CR123 size lights now.

The L3 210-219 is an awesome light. I’ve been looking at the D25A Ti as well but didn’t know you could get it with the 219. Where did you order from? Thanks!

I use a L3 L10-219 most of the time, but it lacks a decent clip and I really like bare-metal lights so I ordered a D25A Ti 219. I hope it gets here soon.

well, you’ll be happy with that offering! In my meager collection of lights, ~ 30 or so, the D25C Ti XM-L-U2, and my most expensive at at something like $65, is my favorite of all.

I ordered it from goinggear, but it seems they ran out and are waiting on more stock to come in. However, that was three months ago so I’m not sure if it’ll ever happen. They told me about a month ago that EagleTac was making more and they estimated they’d have some in about three weeks, but EagleTac has been really taking their time. I’m not too worried about the money, since goinggear will almost certainly send a refund if they can’t get the item back in stock, but… I’m getting a little impatient. Usually only Zebralight takes this long.

If I had ordered a day sooner, I’d probably have received it three months ago… but I didn’t even know it existed until the last few were already being claimed.

In any case, you might not be able to buy one until the special edition rolls around again in 2015. It’ll probably be available for a week or so around the holidays, and then not again until the next year.

I have the d25c Ti and it is very nice, recommended! Perfect pocket clip as well.

Does anyone think the RRT-01 is too large for keychain use? I have the mini 01 right now and it is fine, the RRT-01 is 2cm longer and few mm’s thicker… want something with better modes. There are the Peak offerings as well I know but they use QTC which can be finicky

Personally, I think the RRT-01 is far too big for keychain use. Even my smallest AA light - the Thrunite Saber - is too big. Only AAA will do for me.

Agreed.

I even find AAA too big for keychain use actually. Button cell lights are more comfortable.

The RRT-01 is a nice size to carry in your pocket next to your keychain though.

The Saber is a little bit wider in diameter than say an L10 or D25A mini. I owned all three at one time, but gave the D25A mini away, and now I think I want the D25A clicky instead. It looks like the XM-L2 version of the Ti is obtainable, so I’ll probably just go with that. Someday if the 219 version is obtainable, then I’ll probably buy it too :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t want to put a RRT01 on a keychain. It’s way too big, too easy to accidentally rotate the control ring, and too easy to scratch with keys.

I use a DQG Tiny AAA IV instead. It and the Preon P0 are probably the smallest commercially-available AAA lights on the market, it doesn’t get noticeably scratched by keys thanks to being stainless steel, it comes in neutral white, it has a nice wide beam for up-close use, it has no PWM, and its two modes seem just about right. I don’t think I’ve even had to charge the battery since I got it ~6 months ago, and I use it almost every time I go outside at night. Quite a nice upgrade from the iTP A3 EOS I used before.

However, it’s a little pricey and the threads could be better.

The I3S is a nice upgrade from the previous incarnations. It also has no PWM, moonlight mode and a build quality on par with more expensive lights. Though all my keychains have an E01 on them, mainly for the fact that they are indestructible. The first time I saw one of the kids accidentally drop my keychain on concrete, I took the nicer lights like the LD01 off and put on the bomb-proof lights, which have worked out very well. In an emergency, any friends and family who borrow my vehicles (and it’s a long list) will have light, guaranteed. Even my mother in law who lives with us is clumsy.

Thanks guys, will consider your suggestions :slight_smile:

I think your addicted to ALL of them!!! I see you buying a lot of Vinhs throw monsters and the Flood monster “Noah”!!! :wink:

I concur with the Olight i3/s! Perfect for keychains, and 200+ lumens with an efest 10440! Looks good too! $15 at IS before they sold out!

hi capo :wink:

I picked up a pair of Thrunite Ti2 when Amazon had them BOGO so $5.50 each was a nice deal. My son was eyeing mine so I gave it to him and I’m now looking for a new EDC. So to tie this into the original topic what are the advantages and disadvantages of the CR123? I’m already managing 18650s, AA, AAA, C, D, and 9-volt. Why would I want to add another form factor?

i just picked up a pd 12 for $10 after visa reward points on amazon :)

still looking for a decently priced xtar wk42 - if you have one and want to sell let me know!

I know it’s most likely discussed in other threads, but since this one is specifically for CR123 lights, what GOOD 16340 cells are you guys using, if there are any? I have a recommendation on ‘white Trustfires’.

thanks!

after comparing several cells myself - and also comparing hjks reviews - i find that efest imr v2s, aw imr, and kinoko imr work best for me

eagletac, trustfire flame, xtar and nitecore 16430 all do ok, but have much more voltage drop and less capacity if used on the higher modes that demand 1-2 amps and sometimes more

the best of the best as far as holding voltage appears to be efest 16340 per hjks tests, with aw and kinoko right behind

they are all +/- 500mah

richard sells efest v2s for a good price Efest 16340 V2 IMR 700mAh - Button Top

here is a comparator hjk did for 16430 if you want to take a look at different cells vs each other Battery test-review 18650 comparator

I have 3 that work well,Kinoko IMR 700mAh, Nitecore NL186 Protected 650mAh and an AW IMR 550 mAh.

Not to bust your shoes!!,I have never known ANY battery ending in “Fire”[Trustfire/Ultrafire] to be a good, authentic and safe battery!

You wrote the EXACT same thing in post #58,except now you added that the Nitecores are not that impressive!! I wonder if my post had anything to do with that? Hint: Trustfire/Ultrafire comment!

lol!! :wink:

EDIT: Now you DELETED post #58,and it became mine because I was next in line!!! lol!