I crack my led light bulb thingy on my flashlight need help

Thank you for replying this really helps!

Also i want to ask where do you buy emitters?

Many places sell both ones that are loose and ones on the mcpcb boards.

What country are you in? It does not always make sense for someone to but from the same suppliers I use here in the US. Some emitters and boards are available from reliable sellers on aliexpress; like the Convoy store there. And the Sofirn store sells a few.

i live in the philippines also i kinda wanna try aliexpress but it may be to expensive when it comes to shipping and customs.

also how do i know what type of mcpcb board or emitter do i have? cuz the one on my light is small

Common mcpcb sizes are 16m and 20mm diameter.

As for what the emitter type that you have, that can be more difficult to ascertain.
THIS LINK might help. Is there a specs page for the light you have?

Is this the light you have”

I can’t seem to find any specs or teardowns for that light, so unless you can you’ll just have to measure carefully. Measure the widest place on the mcpcb. If it’s not one of the normal 16mm or 20mm as MtnDon said then you can reflow and use the old board, or sometimes you can carefully shape a board that is close in size and make it fit. If it’s one of the small boards those are a little harder to find but this one at least looks pretty basic/normal, so that’s good. For the emitter you measure the square base (it is likely about 3.5mm per side……5mm is the other most common size).

I suspect you have a 3.5mm (also called 3535 (3.5mm each side)) in the common Cree XP-L type. If so then you can pick from lots of emitters that use the same size/pattern. I might suggest the Samsung LH351D in that light, but the Nichia emitters and SST-20 are also great choices…even a good old Cree XP-L or XP-G. You can try to keep the same beam shape or change it a little, depending on what emitter you choose…and of course the color temperature.

Here are some trusted stores on Aliexpress.

Convoy (he always stocks good emitters in good tints/bins, so it’s a safe bet and he’s a wonderful seller): LED - Shop Cheap LED from China LED Suppliers at Convoy flashlight Store on Aliexpress.com

LHT Flashlight Store (great seller, tons of parts, they are the Aliexpress branch of Kaidomain…emitters are usually good, sometimes not the best bins): SMD LEDs - Shop Cheap SMD LEDs from China SMD LEDs Suppliers at LHT Flashlight Store on Aliexpress.com

Professional Outdoor Lightings Store (ok, similar to the two below): DIY- LED Emitter - Shop Cheap DIY- LED Emitter from China DIY- LED Emitter Suppliers at Professional Outdoor Lightings on Aliexpress.com

Wankedun Chain First Store (only used them once…have a little selection): Led Emitters - Shop Cheap Led Emitters from China Led Emitters Suppliers at Wankedun Chain First Store on Aliexpress.com

Hot Red Official Store (decent selection, lots of “mainstream” stuff, too): CREE LED - Shop Cheap CREE LED from China CREE LED Suppliers at HotRed Official Store on Aliexpress.com

For non-Aliexpress, here are a couple to try. Kaidomain is a big supplier. You’re ordering direct from them but as mentioned above they have their aliexpress store also. They’re reasonably dependable with good products and usually ok with customer service: http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/LED-Emitters-or-LED-Star-on-PCB

Neven runs LED4POWER in Croatia and he is an advanced enthusiast. He doesn’t have as much of a selection but he’s a great option for some things (especially his drivers, but that’s a whole different level of light mods/repairs). Pretty fast shipping and he’s a professional in all aspects: https://led4power.com/

Also, here in the US we have a great supplier with Richard at Mountain Electronics. It probably would cost too much with shipping to you, but here’s his site anyway if you want to look around. He is like LED4POWER and Simon at Convoy in that he always stocks high quality items and is very much into parts and modding and creating drivers. LEDs

yup that’s the right one.

Thank you Correllux and MtnDon for helping me the amount of info you guys give me is amazing so thank you again cheers! :beer: :smiley:

I have one more question can you still use your old emitter and just place a new led board?

If the led is damaged why would you want to reuse it? But in any case it would be a lot easier to just swap in a board with a led on it than to reflow your old emitter onto a new board.

no i meant do i still get to use the driver and just put a new emitter sorry i mixed them up

also here’s a comparison to a usb dust cover and my lights emitter and driver

Yep, same driver as long as it’s functioning as it should! If you really get into modding you can swap drivers but there’s a bigger learning curve there and you have to not only get one that fits (diameter and available space/height inside) but also take into account the heat sinking ability of the body design. Those two wires on the led board go down in the metal pill and are soldered to the top of the driver. So when you desolder them the driver can be removed from the back side (methods vary by flashlight and how/if that driver circuit board is retained in there).

Ah ok thanks!

You’re welcome and good luck with it! If you get more questions or run into problems just post it up here.

I think Sofirn has a Shopee store was it? They sell LEDs in general might have some there.

nah they don’t sell chips there

hey do you have any idea if my chip is a 14mm or a 16mm? and also what if my new emitter led bulb won’t fit on my gasket can i just not use the gasket?

I’m not Correllux but you could just take a ruler and measure the PCB (I assume this is what you are referring to by chip where the wires are attached) end to end near the center. I guess it would be around 10-12mm? Much safer to measure it since you have it open already. As long as the new LED is 3.5mm A.K.A. a 3535 footprint the gasket should fit. You could always post a link of the LED you are looking at here I’m sure people would chime in if it fits.