I Think my Ultrafire Xml is burned out. So annoyed.....

Hello everyone, I just picked up a l2 tube extender from kaidomain.com I installed the tube and then inserted two trustfire 18650 batteries that were about 80 pct charged.

When i went to press the reverse clicky switch it clicked but then immediately got hard to press I also heard a weird humm coming from the drop in or at least thats where it sounded like it was coming from.

Now the Xml will light to an almost moonlight glow it still cycles through the 3 modes. The switch does not work either. I tried the drop in with a different host and I got the same results. :~

The extender tube from kaidomain seems to not fit snugly when fully screwed onto the main body I don’t know if this caused a short of some sort. So confused… Thanks for the responses in advance…

What drop in is this? Most drop ins cannot handle the added voltage from 2 18650s.

Yeah, Sideo - sounds like you’re looking at a good 8v of power to a drop-in that is likely only rated for 4.7v max. Ouch.

Was the drop-in rated up to 8.4v?

Otherwise +1 on JaffoAZ´s comment…

I have a Uniquefire UF-2100 with a xm-l that lights up just as poorly as yours and just now realised that my kids must have overheated it as I pulled a dead IMR 18650 out of it a month ago at 1.48v…

I´ve told them many times to not use daddys lights without asking first, but kids will be kids…

No Its rated at 4.7 total rookie mistake here i guess… darn. I thought my boys were messing with my lights too like they always do unfortunately it was daddy who ruined it. What an arse I am…

You could fix it. All you need is a LED and a driver.

I don’t mind fixing it but I’m just wondering if it would be cost effective. Anything you recommend? I noticed some drivers on Dealextremes website but not sure which way to go…

Before you buy anything, check the LED to see if that has burned out or not. Just direct drive the LED with one Li-ion battery and see if it still blinds you, if it does, the LED might be fine and all you’ll need is a driver.

Yesterday I ordered a xm-l drop-in from Dinodirect for $7.55, just a tip if it’s all fried…

Welcome to the addiction, sidoe!

Sidoe,

The hassle and cost of changing a driver isn’t all that bad if you have the tools and the desire. However, as has been pointed out earlier, good BUDGET high voltage input drivers are not common, particularly in a size that fits a P60 drop-in. Most of those sold on DX, KD and MF have limited output or unwanted “disco” modes. So welcome to BLF and good luck fixing your light.

Sorry failed to answer you its an ultrafire 3 mode xml t6 from manafont. I went ahead and tried it directly on the battery and it just smoked, hahaha wtf oh well live and learn from your stupidity i guess. Racoon city that is pretty funny thanks for the welcome guys. I guess I have to purchase two drop ins now instead of one since I just picked up the latest l2m. I am still interested in trying to fix this one as a backup. Can you guys recommend me a driver and led for this by chance there are alot of choices it seems. Thanks again everyone…

Well, if you want it to run off of 2 cells I think this driver would work. Then just any XM-L.

I’m really having second thoughts about running two cells now. I don’t know why just paranoid I guess.