IN STOCK!: Shadow SL3 & JM26 + Full Line

Yeah.. 3A each or its just a good looking underperformer, like the Darth.^^

Nightcrawl I don’t think you realize the small size of this compared to the big lights like the Xtar S1, Spark SP6. The SL3 is only 5.5” long, there is no way it can withstand the heat from 9A of current

Not to mention the battery situation. If you find a 4500mAh battery, you’re pushing it real hard and you’re going to be lucky to get 30 minutes of runtime.

I know about runtime. But runtime wont suffer much if the 9A "turbo" is only used for short periods for the "wow"-effect. I mean, its gonna have modes.

If BLF wants a 2.5A or 3.0A version I need enough participation/interest to continue forward. There will be no warranty aside from DOAs. My market isn’t just BLF/CPF and as much as I love more lumens myself, there has to be a line drawn between OMG lumens and reliability. I know there will be customers who use the 9A mode, if there is one, and burn their hand with one.

But, if there’s enough interest, anything can be done.

I’m keen on the 4.5A total current draw. This will make a perfect dog walking light. Decent runtimes, plenty bright enough, small enough, and has a side switch :bigsmile:

But, if a 9A version was made, i might buy that too :bigsmile:

4.5 amps seems pretty good to me. Keep in mind this runs off 1 26650. Once I get some more money I plan on ordering one. :D

You may wish to check out the 4/7 cell. It is protected, unlike the King Kongs, and has no problem delivering 5A+ in my usage.

Thanks again for bringing in some new lights, Jake25 !!!

What are the dimensions for both lights and the K40?
And any lux numbers for the sl3?

Ok thanks, ill have a look at the 4/7s. Another one I’ve seen is Torchy’s IMR 26650.

Cheers
Matt

Great looking lights, Jake. I'm quite happy with 1.5 per LED, like the lumens/run time compromise.

count me in

I want it! Pocket throwers are too darn hard to find! This may make up for my twice-lost love (aka HD2010).

But realistically, how much more throw with the SL3 model have than the King?

OP updated with video and lux measurements

Lux
JM26: 36k lux on my 2.5A sample. 3.0A production model should be 40k?
SL3: 24k lux

Thanks Jake I really like the videos. I think it’s reasonable to assume the 3A verson of the JM26 will reach 40k.
However for the SL3, because it only uses one battery I am a bit discouraged for now, since I only carry 14500s and 18650s and I don’t currently have any IMRs.

A 3100 or even 2600mAh 18650 will work in the SL3, doesn’t need a adapter either you can just pop it in and it’ll work. We will include a sleeve for 18650s though

My highest quality 18650, which is a panasonic ncr18650a suffers from voltage sag at 5A, so I don’t think I would be able to push it to it’s true potential at 4.5A for the SL3, so the output would be lower.

Thanks for the video :slight_smile:

Honestly, I’m even underwhelmed by the prospect of a JM26 driven at 3.0A. The light might look nice, have a side switch and a decent UI, but it’s going to get spanked by throwers that are much cheaper.

XM-L’s can take 3.5A with no problem, even with only basic heat sinking. And really, who cares if the host heats up during extended use? That’s what modes are for.

The bottom line is that I’m not going to buy a light like this just because it looks good. I’d need to see performance that at least rivals my other lights. All this overly conservative design is just, well, meh.

I might change my mind if it’s easy to mod. Any chance of some pictures of the internals?

what throwers will spank it that are much cheaper and as small as this light keep in mind its the size of a single 18650 light

Sure, it’s just under 2cm shorter than a HD2010 (142mm vs ~160mm), but that’s not a huge deal if you ask me. In some ways this might be an apples and oranges comparison, being that the HD2010 is a lower quality light with a comparatively shitty UI (not to mention finish), but the HD2010 will indeed out-perform the JM26 in terms of throw going by the indications we have in the OP.

The sentiment that I wish to express here is simply one of disappointment. This light is just another example of something that could be totally kick-arse if only it didn’t stop a little short. It’s just a shame, that’s all.

But, well, this is merely my own particular perspective on the matter. People who aren’t looking to edge closer and closer to performance limits at particular price-points will probably just purchase this torch and love it for what it is.