I still haven’t picked out a name for this flashlight, so I’ll just call it LightCanon V2 for now (since it’s the second version of the original LightCanon I built)
I have some numbers:
1490 on the luxmeter in x100 mode.
That is 149 000 lux.
Distance is 5m from the front of the lens to the luxmeter:
The lens hood sticks out in front of the lens btw, that’s why it is slightly in front of the back of the laser.
*Calculated back to 1m:
3 730 000 cd*
This is just very initial testing, I will do some longer range tests soon to get more accuracy, but this is pretty incredible
Build log coming soon, I am very excited to show everyone how I did this!
Other than the “big fresnel lens in front of flashlight” builds, the only other light that comes close is the “Optik-Scheinwerfer” by a guy called Photon over on the german forum, which claims 3Mcd. The next best (I think) is the “Lance of RA” https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/blog/2017/3/13/lance-of-ra-product-introduction with 2.6Mcd.
Yeah but I’m not sure if that loads the whole image into cache when the page loads, and then downscales it, or if it downscales first and then sends it to the user.
Here is a 3.78Mb image, let’s see how much data it actually uses:
before image: 62.2Mb
after image: 66.1Mb
So yeah it seems like the full images get loaded before resizing
It’s 60MB because of the other pics and two gifs I posted, which were 25MB each.
The difference before and after the pic was 3.9Mb, basically the full size of the pic, even though I set it to 800x600 in the forum.
If I do the build log will 50+ images at full size that would be like 200Mb, so I will need to down size them