Is there an emerging winner in this category? (10440 capable)

but there is no keyring hole in the tail…

true for olights, and Ti3 Ti

aaa Thrunite Ti3 is available, in aluminium… I dont recommend Ti for a twisty (gritty threads)

aaa copper and brass maratacs are available

aaa copper and brass Tool are available (eSwitch not compatible w 10440)

heads are interchangeable, LEDs have all been changed

I dont use 10440, and none are floody, all have standard reflectors

There is an Aluminium version of the aaa Tool w mechanical switch (compatible w 10440) that uses a TiR for a floody beam.

Yes- that, and lack of aaa support are its 2 glaring shortcomings but thats ok for my purposes. Since I make clips, keepers, and other small spring steel items, i can fix that (but prefer not to have to) I envisioned a small semi-cylindrical spring steel piece that comes up past the body and surrounds the switch slightly so that it shields the switch from accidental activation. It would also have a lanyard attachment point, and if i wanted a clip that held the light emitter down, it could incorpirate that as well. I honestly dont know why they didn’t make it that way to begin with. I sometimes shake my head at flashlight manufacuters and wonder if they ever use them themselves or listen to customer feedback. This would have been nearly perfect had they make it without the shortcomings you pointed out.