Ivermectin ....prophylaxis and potential cure to Covid19 ?

I am a personal believer in this old drug and in fact just took my third dose today in five weeks. (As prevention)

Debates are raging around the world.

Let’s keep everything civil to keep this thread helpful.

Btw, the main proponent for Ivermectin is this group of renowned doctors:

Take note that FLCCC does NOT have ANY vested MONETARY interest in promoting Ivermectin, and neither do I. It’s a relatively very cheap drug widely used for humans and animals.

Guys, please have an open mind. People is many parts of the world are currently still dying and even infections are surging… and vaccines are still a long out of reach at the moment.

why you should not use ivermectin to treat or prevent covid 19

“Ivermectin is often used in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. The FDA has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses.”

There is one major problem with any medication that works in a treatment of C-19.
This is why even the top doctors who have been getting great results have just been ignored.

The one major problem is that under most counties and WHO if there is a successful medication that is recommended to be used for any sickness or virus they cannot make any one treatment (Vaccine) mandatory.
It will be.

Animal formulations of the “same” medicine are not often suitable for humans, I thought this was common sense? It’s like polyurethane, it’s not all the same, hundreds of ways to make it… It’s not entirely the doctors and pharma out to screw you, although there also is that (I self medicate critters when possible, because it is not reasonable to spend $250 on $20 worth of bird meds from a doctor who literally has no bird experience to boot).

I don’t consider COVID to be particular serious with a death rate just above the flu, and I’d rather not have the other nasties develop resistance to drugs just because some paranoid people were overusing stuff in irresponsible ways. Actually, even doctors and vets do it too, and resistance is definitely in our future.

Places that opened up/stayed open seem to have lower COVID rates: LIKELY combination of REACTANCE THEORY (most important theory you can ever read imo) as well as naturally developed immunity.

Way way back in college in the late 70’s our veterinarian student girlfriends would dose us 1 cc for every 10 lbs of body weight before heading out for a night on the town. We would then proceed to get hammer drunk at parties and wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning without any trace of a hangover.

Dosed with… what? Ivermectin?

I needed some relatively pure EtOH as a solvent, so bought a bottle of grain alky. Wasn’t about to spend big bux on lab-grade stuff.

Finished with what I was doing, so what’m I gonna do with the rest? Dump it? Let it evaporate from years of non-use? Screw it, would make “screwdrivers” by mixing a bit in various fruit-juices. Even when I overdid it (a little goes a long way when it’s nigh pure, apparently), I also had zero brain-fuzz the next day.

Chalked it up to near-zero fusel oils or other impurities like in regular brewed b00ze, which likely causes those nasty next-morning feelings.

Sounds fascinating, what ivermectin does as far as hangovers. :laughing:

While it’s true Ivermectin was originally for animals, the then-patent company Merck made a formulation for humans mainly used in Africa to treat river blindness, among others, with excellent safety record after 3.7billion doses.

Now this:

https://joyce-kamen.medium.com/merck-its-truth-telling-time-4496d9af9ca1

Dihydromyricetin is shown to clear up alcohol and acetaldehyde rapidly in rodent trials, but seems to have poor bioavailability. No risk of causing resistant parasites like ivermectin misuse…
Maybe some cancer and anti inflammotory use too. Actually, I need to try this stuff.

Ivermectin has two versions:

Ivermectin is a medication used to treat many types of parasite infestations. In humans, this includes head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis.

In veterinary medicine, it is used to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis, among other indications.

Even considered as the third “wonder” drug, after the discovery of Penicillin and Aspirin…then this Ivermectin. ( A drug that has tremendous helpful impact to humanity is considered a Wonder drug.)

It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines:

I would caution against taking medical advice from the internet.

This sounds like another case of hydroxychloroquine.

How about following the guidelines given by larger governing bodies of medicine rather than the statements perpetuated by a few? If the evidence of its effectiveness were strong enough, then public health agencies and the FDA would approve it. Look how swiftly they’ve approved the vaccines.

They were desperately looking for solutions and have so far continued to decide that this is not one of them.

It is so incredibly rare for drugs aimed at treating one type of illness to be effective for some other one, especially one that is so different.

Stick to the wider scientific knowledge rather than the murmurs perpetuated by a few.

Of course at this day and age almost all initial information are via internet, but then the “the cream eventually rises to the top”.

While at first reports of good ivermectin results regarding therapeutic and eventually prophylaxis effects were anecdotal, now various countries are in different stages of clinical trials regarding this drug due to factual reports (no longer anecdotal) of people getting better much, much earlier and even as prophylaxis.

I was at first very hesitant and even entirely considered it hogwash at first but when people around me, and in my country attested to its efficacy….

Again, it’s worth noting that this drug’s patent has already long expired. The main proponent of this drug, FLCCC are renonwned doctors and medical practitioners and have no vested monetary interest in the any sale of this drug. They are doing this on a purely humanitarian intention.

I give this thread maybe a day.

Yup, it seems pretty controversial to me.

Perhaps, but I hope politics is kept out of this thread, maybe this thread will have its own life and provide awareness.

Thanks to everyone for keeping things civil thus far in this thread. But this topic is an argument waiting to happen. Also it’s easier to moderate the COVID topic by keeping it in one single thread:

As always, my usual disclaimer applies: I am not attempting to label this topic as false or accurate information, nor am I declaring this issue as unimportant; it simply shouldn’t be debated on this forum. Thanks again.