JAX Z1 XM-L2 zoom

I would be all over this light if it was a little cheaper. Alternatively a host only option would be nice!

I would think the host is the most expensive part? Driver + LED is hmm not that much.

I would agree… But even if it was only $15 less that would be alright. If I was to buy it the first thing I would do is rip out the stock emitter and driver anyway so if I can buy it without those components even for a little bit less it is less wasteful and also makes it easier to mod.

Hy,

i agree to that, but not everybody wants to mod. But here are a LCK 5A Driver, XP-G2 S2 dedomed and 2x AW 18350 waiting :smiley:

I think around 200-230 Klux/Kcd are possible … for at least 12-15 minutes :smiley:

Greetings

Kenjii

Could someone give the total lens OD, not just the effective part?

I assume it uses buck driver since 2*18650 can be accepted?

Hy,

OD of the lens is 45mm.

Yes, it can take 2xLiIons. I tested 2x26650.

Greetings

Kenjii

Hy,

the german review is almost complete, just outdoor beamshots missing. As soon as the beamshots are done, i am going to translate the review to english.

Greetings

Kenjii

I have the Uniquefire UF-1406, waiting to be sent back to Fasttech because it was not what I ordered. It has the same effective lens diameter as the Jax, but it looks like the lens has a shorter focal length (lens seems more curved, and the travel distance from zoom-out to zoom-in seems shorter), this will give a wider hotspot (with same intensity). The Jax has the advantage that it runs on 1xli-ion, has a brass pill and of course the beautiful (effective?) AR-coating, but optically I like the UF-1406 better.

Could you please give some more dimensions of the pill. It looks to be a 20mm emitter star? and I read on the German forum review that it has a 22mm driver? Also what depth is the driver cavity? Would be interesting to know what will fit in there.

Wish Vinh would do a batch of these

Hy,

the Pill takes Drivers up to 22,5mm and Stars up to 21mm. It is 10mm deep measured from the inner edge where the contact board sits. So i think drivers up to 12-13mm height should fit.

Greetings

Kenjii

That is a very good pill design. Do you have a picture of the driver circuitry as well (for the electronics guys, it looks like a well done driver, perhaps they know if there is some resistor swap to up the drive current)

BTW, your pictures are very good, Kenjii !

Sure, i have one …. at home :wink: So you have to wait until i get back home from work.

Here we go!

big stock wires!

nice

Hy,

the translated english review is now online. As here is already another review online now, i didn´t post it here.

Greetings

Kenjii

Banggood can you find out if the manufacturer of this beautiful Jax-Z1 lens can make another lens with larger diameter (50mm-60mm) and AR coating?