Just a couple of questions..

Hi guys, just a couple of quick questions….
Now I have a flashlight I’m happy with - BLF TE, I am thinking of having a go at modding my Courui a bit more (already have nice thick copper heatsink, and done all the basic mods ie springs, wire bit in tailcap etc)
But I’d like a better driver…

1. Will this driver ‘Astrolux S1 A17DD-L FET+1 2.8-4.35v 7/4 Modes Flashlight Driver’ be ok to work in my Courui D01 LINK
  2. If it will (I believe it will as the batteries are in paralell?) will the side switch which is fitted be ok to use, or will I need to fit a clicky one in the tail cap - a link to a suitable one from would be much appreciated
    Thankyou for any help in advance :slight_smile:

That driver has firmware in it made for tail/power switch's, not electronic switch's. I much prefer a good e-switch UI. Of course Richard sells a nice driver here: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=480 that can be ordered pre-loaded with e-switch firmware.

You could try burning STAR momentary firmware to the MCU at mentioned Astrolux S1 A17DD driver!

Will the mentioned BLF driver work with momentary/e-switch when flashing STAR momentary firmware to it?