Just some beamshots of three cloud bouncers.

Well it was foggy and rainy tonight so I decided to take some pics of three of my throwers. You can see the shadow of my weather vain on the low clouds. You can also see my arch nemesis the light the county put in because apparently the nimrods who live in the new subdivision can't find their road without it.

The first is a Crelant 7G5CS that I did a resistor mod to and a de-domed XM-L2 pretty cool in that it has the side switch and dimming.

The second is a Small Sun ZY-T08 with an aspheric lens, not something everyone has.

The third is an HD2010 with a new 5amp (FET) driver from Lightmalls

Nice beamshots in the rain. the shadow casting reminds me of Batman. 8)

Thanks

Now I have NANANANANANANANA BATMAN stuck in my head. LOL

Looks like a Skippy in your first shot.

make a black paper cut of batman logo and put it on the light :smiley:

Owned by comfychair

Is this the one you use for your HD2010?
http://www.lightmalls.com/4-2v-single-lithium-5a-3-mode-led-driver-boar-cree-xm-l-t6-u2-sst50-mce-ss-p7-5-pack

Yep that’s it, but I’m not completely happy with it. The medium is not 30% more like 70% So you get a real low which is nice and a high and a turbo. It’s not too bad and the lumens are pretty good out of it. Maybe not as high as I had hoped for though. It’s 1,300 lumens maxed out with a fully charged Sony 30amp 26650 and that is with spring mods on top and bottom and heavy wires on the driver. 200kcd easy though. My ZY-T08 mod smokes it, with or without the aspheric but that is running close to 6amps with two batteries in series.

Also this driver will NOT run a de-domed XP-G2!!! The VF is wrong or something so the protection kicks in. It will lock up in whatever mode it’s left on and then you can only go Down to low and it stays there until you turn it off. I put one in a C10 mod for manxbuggy.

Thanks for the sharing. I think this driver is also named as “V10” or something in Fasttech. Reports from other members say it draws 4.2~4.5A, not reaching the advertised 5A but to me 4.2A is good for high power mod already. Are PWM visible in medium and low mode?

[/quote]

Thanks for the sharing. I think this driver is also named as “V10” or something in Fasttech. Reports from other members say it draws 4.2~4.5A, not reaching the advertised 5A but to me 4.2A is good for high power mod already. Are PWM visible in medium and low mode?
[/quote]

I’m not a person who really notices PWM but I just took it to the Shower. LOL

I can generally see PWM if I look close or obviously if it’s really bad. I couldn’t notice any at all on this light. So if there is it’s not bad at all. 4.2 sounds about right. My meter is always low (thin wires) but it would be in that area maybe a little higher but not much.

Thanks for the information again man. I usually shine my lights at a spinning fan to see if there is any visible PWM, or hold it and quickly swing it around lol.

if this V10 driver has acceptable PWM and considering it is constant current regulation on high it is a good driver.

Amazing! But is 5A to the XM-L2 safe? :open_mouth:

5A is safe enough with the emitter on copper and amply heat sinked. 7A is more fun! :slight_smile: 3 XM-L2’s at 6A each is delirious! (SupFire M6)

Very cool.

I am always fascinated by cloud bounce pictures. Really likes this one from 2100 long time ago.

My best thrower is TomE’s TN31 at 360kcd. Still a little shy of that throw. :frowning:

That is a great picture, somebody is a whole heck of a lot better photographer than I am.

Do you have a reflector in your aspheric ZY-T08?

Nope the reflector is gone. Well it’s now in a 3D maglite along with an MT-G2 but it’s not in the ZY-T08 anymore.

That’s what I figured (it was gone, not that it was in a mag lol). Did you do a build thread for it or have a few pic’s? Is it fixed focus zoomed all the way in?

Yep it’s a fixed lens. I did post about it but I don’t think I did a full write up. This was quite a while back. the lens came from DX but I don’t remember exactly what size it is, 56 or 57mm something like that. It slips down into the light a ways so that it’s only sticking out a bit from the top.