Klarus unreliable as an Manufacturer....:-(

Purchased last Month an Klarus XT12S, light is ok, but missed the Tactical Ring in the package.
-It is shown on the package Picture
-It is printed on the Backside “includes Body Ring”
-It is listed in the Manual

Contacted the Klarus Support and they told me that they have removed it last year and they will not send the Missing ring. It is sold now seperatly as KTR-1.

Well, this behavior is brazen.

This will definitly the last Klarus Light that i have ever bought.

there are quite a few flashlight users who don’t like the ring. Either on Klarus or other lights. So it would be worth asking whether someone is willing/able to give up their tactical ring.

Alternatively, you might be able to “lego” other rings from other brands/lights onto yours. They might be cheaper or easier to source.

It happened to me as well

Also I damaged the light and they refused to sell me the parts to repair it, the only solution given was to buy a new light. I’ve always been able to buy spare parts to repair my flashlights, from Acebeam, fénix, thrunite, eagletac, all without problems

I won’t buy any more products from klarus

Wow… I appreciate knowing this. I will never buy a new Klarus given such terrible customer support.

Can Mr PayPal be of any help?

Remember, then:
Klarus = Jetbeam = Niteye
They’re all under the same umbrella, and if you’re avoiding one, avoid all of them.

seems like klarus doesnt care about customers if it says on the package, then perhaps they should do a new batch of packages that dont show stuff if its not included? oh well there are plenty of other flashlight makes that u can spend money, if klarus wanna be one of those that u avoid fine with me… their loss

Mainly the stupidity of Klarus have surprised me.

A manufacturer can of course change the production or the included parts, but not throwing away the old packaging and print new ones to save a few cents is really, really stupid.

It is a guarantee for annoyed customers, and then complaining customers simply say “shove off” makes it complete.

Mission accomplished, maximum damage for the brand.

Unfortunately no, it will hit only the reseller and Banggood has nothing doing wrong.

Well, if you got a light that was missing essential parts…

Let BG get on Klarus’s arse instead. If they get bit enough times, they will.

OP, I own 2 versions of Klarus XT12s. The ORIGINAL and REVISED versions. Meaning there were 2 version produced.

Original release came with tactical ring.

Revised or 2nd release did not come with tactical ring.

Klarus revised release not to include tactical ring in 2nd release.

You can lego tactical ring from many other lights. They fit.

If that’s the case, see if one from the VG10/-S would fit. Not sure if the SP36 had one, but I think one of the ’10s did (S or non-S).

(No idea of the diameter, though, and ain’t got a Klarus.)

Lightbringer, yeah some fit well, some tight, some not at all. I tried different ones so your mileage may vary.

I’ve had 2 Klarus lights in for review so far, 1 worked the other was faulty.

I lost mine when i was reviewing years ago. It was a bad design i think, i prefer tactical rings that screw in. Does the newer edition have the space to place the tactical ring?

My Klarus ST15, which I took to the Maldives for night snorkeling, gave up after just over 30 seconds in the water. Only the turbo mode was working after that, but not for more than 5-6 minutes after drying up, then died completely.
My Klarus XT1A, which is my favorite flashlight due to its size and UI, is making problems and flickering sometimes for unknown reasons. Never been in water. Almost new, I think I used 3-4 full battery capacities out of it.
As much as I like Klarus’ UI and designs, I’m never buying them again.

edit: I also have a JetBeam ST Cycler, which I bought more than 5 years ago, still works flawlessly on my bike. Another JetBeam WL-S1 works pretty good as well, and this one has been dropped on concrete floor.

My one negative experience with Klarus was with a Mini One Ti (10180 keychain light). Shortly after getting it Nov 2018 with Black Friday sale last year, I noticed that after a couple of weeks the battery was dead without using it much. I then bought a different 10180 battery. Same thing happening with that battery. Further investigation showed 200mA parasitic drain on it. That I thought is way off the mark.

I talked to Battery Junction about it and they said to send it in to them with an RMA#. I did and they verified it and then sent it to Klarus for observation / repair. Finally after a couple of months, BJ gets back to me apologetic of the long wait and said that Klarus denied that anything was wrong and were rather disappointed with Klarus response because they themselves also witnessed the problem. BJ then sent me a new light (one that they tested before sending to me to make sure it did not have the parasitic drain). That one is in the mail as we speak and I’m sure it will be OK.

Kudos to Battery Junction and thumbs down to Klarus!