Limited Edition TN36 3x XHP70.2

Oh…i have also posted some 150-300W HIDs in ABS plastic hosts in another thread, with fan cooling of the host body + additional cooling for the ballast.
Those should be able to hit 10k lumens continuously, and even more, just need a big enough LiPo pack (hobby RC packs etc). But when we are dealing with such high lumens + prolonged usage, it almost always points to external packs, due to practicality.

Unfortunately still too expensive to try. Not worth it at this price, even with access to pretty low cost shipping over here in my part of the world.
You are basically paying an additional rmb 400 for the host body + lights, connectors, a 100mm and 80mm fans, cable, bag.
A bare bones naked18cm reflector diameter + 300W ballast + tripod mounting hardware combo can be had for about rmb 200.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.73.24b87018UW0NUM&id=546650923598&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.236.24b87018UW0NUM&id=558462184500&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

Beam quality. Typical HID stuff, looks decent, but not going to be very focused for 20cm mass produced reflector so i don’t think it can hit 5M cp. More like 2M cp.

So i guess as far as LED goes, the X70 is about the only “continuous” 8-10k light that can be had and used practically in the hand.

For other smaller lights with LEDs that are runned much more aggressively to give a 8-10k output, a life hack that you can apply is to put it into a container of water, just covering it so that the water level touches about 1 inch of the head would do nicely, don’t have to fill it up to the bezel. If your container is small and can’t contain much water or due to physical constraints in locating this container of water in an optimum place, you can add ice cubes as well.

The flashaholic in me always tailstand the 2 Q8s this way in the bathroom and a XTAR S1 tailstanded (big host, 3P triple XM-L, about 2k lumens), together with a Philips LED strip putting out 18W and 2 x 7W G24 base LED conversion. :crown: :partying_face:

Bright as hell + more than sustainable for my 15-20 minute baths and teeth brushing/flossing. :heart_eyes: