Looking for a simple rechargeable floody flashlight for my elderly parents

Luxpro 2×D.

22bux –5% coupon now, so figure ~20bux.

Fairly lightweight, can take 3×AA-to-D adapters (which I’m using now) just fine, rubberised tube, simple Mag-style clicky switch on the side.

Nomem, always defaults to high, but also has low and strobe. Click on/off, don’t even mention the modes. I even forgot they were there, as I never use ’em (half-clicks).

Uses a hateful little XP-G3, so slap on some diffusion film and you get a wonderful floody blurred beam with not even a hint of fried-egg.

Me, I went whole hawg and replaced the plastic(!) front “glass” with actual glass, and put the diffusion film on the inside, but if you get the sticky kind, you can leave the light as-is and slap the film on the front. Makes it removable in a pinch.

So it’ll take common-as-dirt D-cells which’ll last quite a while (light doesn’t draw that much), and they’re easy to replace, if they’ve been using a D-cell light anyway.

Or a plain ol’ Maglite, but they’re a bit heavier than the Luxpro. And then you could go from spot to flood, as long as you don’t mind the Dark Doughnut Hole Of Death when widened to flood.

Lots and lots of Luxpro flashlights to look at.
https://www.amazon.com/LUXPRO-Compact-Tactical-Rechargeable-Flashlight/dp/B07XSMZRYF/ref=sr_1_22?dchild
Mr. Lightbringer has a good suggestion to consider.