Lumintop EDC05C still available at a reasonable price?

I ordered one May 24- 8 Weeks ago! I sent Banggood an email last week asking what happened to my order. Today, I got a response saying I must pay extra for registered air mail if I want this light. I canceled my order. They hold my order for 2 months with no communications, then try to extort more money from me.

I got a similar email today in response to my email a couple days ago.

The grammar is such that I don’t really understand what they’re trying to say.

I haven’t responded, yet.

I don’t want this light bad enough to play Banggood’s games.

$32 at Gearbest
$33 at Lumintop’s Aliexpress store.

No need to deal with BangGreed anymore.

Banggood canceled my order and refunded my money 7 weeks after my order, instead of sending my lights, even though I told them I wanted the lights, not a refund.

I likely won’t ever order from them again. They really goofed my order.

Now I’ll have to pay a bit higher price and still wait for someone to get them in stock.

Bummer. This is the light that I’ve been most interested in this year.

I’ll probably go with gearbest, since I’ve never ordered from aliexpress.

I’ve yet to order anything from gearbest, and have only been purchasing on aliexpress for a month, but I chose aliexpress because I was purchasing directly from the official Lumintop and Convoy stores. I received the goods from both stores to the south-eastern coast of the USA in about two weeks. An accessory that was listed with one of the Lumintop flashlights was missing from the box, I requested a partial refund or to be sent the accessory, they gave me the refund and said that they would send out the accessory also, it’s only been one week so still waiting on the accessory to arrive. I had only ordered the EDC05C from banggood because it was a much better price at the time.

After reading this review of the flashlight, LINK , I was a little concerned about the fitment of my only 14500 batteries (protected KeepPower 840mAh), but mine fit in perfect with the tail cap completely flush. I’m not sure if Lumintop has changed the design of the flashlight since that early sample to now, with how quickly they were able to change the optic and lens design on the FW3A, it wouldn’t shock me one bit if they changed the design that fast to have it work with the longer protected batteries.

Mine arrives tomorrow from Banggood. I ordered on June 29th. I am really looking forward to this little light.

2019-07-16 17:42 LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER Departed USPS Regional Facility, Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on July 16, 2019, at 5:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I just ordered two from aliexpress for $33.53 each without battery, since Banggood canceled my order after 7 weeks of waiting.

They are $38.99 each with a 650mAh battery.

I’ll order 4 of the Schockli 1000mAh for $11.99 from Shockli’s Amazon store using the $2 discount code offered in another thread.

The lights and batteries should both arrive before 8-12-19.

So, I’ve got nearly four weeks before I’ll have mine to start using and evaluating.

If Banggood hadn’t dropped the ball, I’d be receiving mine in the next few days, as are the other people who’s lights were shipped 7-3-19.

What happens if a NiMH is used? Would the light not turn on at all?

Would be unlikely, 1.2v of a NiMh is less than half of what a typical 3.7v Lithium cell produces.

Mine arrived today and I am relatively pleased but with a few disappointments.

The Micro USB charge port is not centered, so the light body makes for a very difficult time inserting the provided USB cable to charge the battery. I am unable to insert the micro USB into the light I received to charge.

Secondly, the USB rubber boot cover is very flimsy and completely pops off when trying to access the charge port. I’m planning on sending Lumintop a note regarding my findings.

That’s really poor quality. It looks like its been rushed out of the factory :frowning:
Its worrying that the USB rubber boot comes off easily as well. I may hold off buying one.
Its not like its a $10 flashlight. It’s £27 ($34) for UK price.

Yep … I agree. Mine may be a one-off per the USB port but the rubber micro port cover is flawed in my opinion. Comes off very easily and is very difficult at the very best to reinstall. I have not been able to reattach mine.

Yeah, seems like the flap is badly designed.

So far so good, my USB port is fairly well centred and I’ve not had any problem with the waterproofing. I’m a big fan of the lights on the side and the tailcap magnet, it feels like a very useful little light.

Compared to the Jetbeam (pictured) which is my only other 14500 light, it’s got more lumens, more throw and more spill and is only slightly bigger in the pocket. The tint isn’t quite as nice as the Jetbeam, which is a bit warmer, but it’s preferable in every other way.

Just about to go camping for a few days, so this is going to be spending a lot of time in my pocket, perfect as it’s summer and I don’t like carrying a bigger torch in shorts pockets! :slight_smile:

EDIT Trying to embed some images but not having any luck :\

https://imgur.com/MbArq4G
https://imgur.com/yxIsbUk
https://imgur.com/7AdjrwN

Any specific reason Lumintop designed this light not to work on AA?

Can’t imagine an AA would drive enough current for this light tbh.

Ordered my light 6/28, received it 7/30. (fairly typical in my experience ordering from China)

From a quality control standpoint, it’s a pretty major disappointment. My charging port is also off center, making it unusable, but even worse my “side lights” do not function whatsoever.

Had I received a fully functioning unit, I really would’ve enjoyed this light. The form factor is great, it feels good in the hand, and disappears in the pocket. Very pleased with the output of the main led using a 14500 battery.

UI is a bit clunky, (I really don’t like “hold for off”) but manageable.

Now I have the pleasure of dealing with BG to try and get a functioning unit. Also considered directly contacting Lumintop.

Has anyone had decent success with replacement either way?

I hope they will make a re-design in this light with the port etc… not ok for a light almost 40$ price…

Hmm, mine’s perfect, port isn’t perfectly centred but then most of them aren’t. It works perfectly.

Very happy with it!