Lumintop GT nano on the way

No suggestions here of course :stuck_out_tongue: , but what happens if you charge the battery reversed?

I had thought of that but, since the instructions warn about being sure polarity is correct before
inserting the battery into the light, I have to believe trying to reverse that direction when inserting it into
the charger would be a no-no. Plus, one of the videos I watched on it said to be sure the
polarity is correct before trying to charge it.

So far no reply from either Lumintop or Nealā€™s so standing by.

Itā€™s a very slick little light but if I cannot charge the battery, what good is it? I also thought of trying
to use some type of metal extension or maybe a small rod magnet that would allow me to use my Nitecore D4
but will wait to see if I get any response from the manufacturer. I tried to find some one who
sells a charger for the 10180 batt but, the only place I found has a charger that looks like it operates somewhat
similar, I have no idea if the threads are compatible with those on the tail of the Nano. I will write them
an email to see sure this is a complete unit or if it still requires the base of the light to work.

https://www.gearbest.com/diy-parts-and-tools/pp_136124.html

Frustrating.

Update on this, after a few emails to Lumintop and Neals, they agreed that the charger
is defective and, I received an email from Nealsgadgets today stating that they are sending
me a new charger. Good to know that they support their products.

In the interim because I know this will take a week or two, I purchased the Gryfalcon ALL-44 charger
which comes with adapters that allow it to charge the 10180 batteries. The thing that surprised
me is that, figuring I had nothing to lose, I tried charging those two batteries that the original
charger Lumintop charger depleted and it worked.

I guess you can never have too many chargers anyway and, unlike the Nitecore D4, this Gryfalcon
lets me charge 4 - 26650ā€™s at the same time, with the D4, I could charge two because the bays were
too narrow.

Photos of the copper and brass prototypes have hit Instagram

%&ā€¦my regular one isnt even here yet, now i want the brassā€¦

Dammit!!! I love copper lights

Damn! I knew it! Was waiting for the copper version and 10440 tube. Thought there might be a delay so I ordered aluminum version last night! As I ordered I told myself ā€œyou know as soon as this is shipped the copper light will pop upā€.

Also on mine it doesnā€™t fit. I purchased GT nano on banggood and Tool AAA and ECD on Amazon. AAA and EDC are the same head and theread. Heads are interchangeable. Thread on Nano is looser and shorter. It does not fit. Actually if you are hard on thread, you can pair AAA+Nano, but it wonā€™t screw all the way in. O ring remains exposed as Thread are is 1mm longer.

GT Nano with 10180 only is dissapointment for me.

I love this little light as is but Iā€™d love to also have a copper or brass with a 10440 tube. As it is, itā€™s a fantastic novelty, a perfect companion to my BLF GT. Neither are practical in any sense but are just so much fun to have. Iā€™d actually carry and use a copper with a larger battery all the time.

The GT nano in copper and brass is listed on Taobao now: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c-s.w4002-23041429405.10.20597021Tqisi7&id=637332432089

It weighs 120g and is quite expensive, more than 60$.

Still waiting for 10440 tubeā€¦. :confused:

And the DTP copper board?

60$ and still no 10440 tube?

Does anybody know if the Lumintop EDC 01 will work with the GT Nano?

Hello Jordan, I hope you are well ā€¦ I saw that you produce tube 10440 + copper plate for the nano gt. Can you send to Brazil? How much would it all be with shipping included? Thanks.

I think he means that if it had a copper board and a 10440 tube, then it would equal a buy from him. Which would be the same for me also!

Okā€¦ tanks! Vinh is selling a complete one, so I donā€™t know if it has a copper plate.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/one-off-lumintop-nanovn-10440-version

A german would have the same difficulty understanding the sentence. We read this as ā€œyou could buy something from himā€. If I had to write this sentence, it would be ā€œitā€™s a buy for me.ā€ Maybe wrong.

In this forum I learn something new every day.

Thanks for the link, I think that website does not have correct info. The aluminium model weights 17 grams. My Copper Maratac weighs 29 grams, and that is my guess for the weight of the Copper GT Nano.

maybe email him and ask :slight_smile:

also, one page back you can read these reports:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076P9HV1L?pf_rd_r=AJ6YE68D4JXCZ3EQSGCE&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=db156e17-7413-411b-824b-c1f88738aed9&pd_rd_w=qGdQR&pd_rd_wg=CcUZ2&ref\_=pd_gw_unk

Vihn posted this link in his forum.

Then a member had this experience with the light from the Amazon link.

I was excited to see you post this extension for the Nano, so I quickly ordered one and it came last night. I popped a good 10440 cell in it and turned it on. All was well till I kicked it into turbo. A few seconds after being in turbo the light went very purple. I pulled the body off and the battery was not being popped up via the spring at the tail of the body. Not sure if that was the cause of the issue or not.

Now, when I put the 10180 battery in the output is lower and the overall light is purple with a small tan spot in the middle. Seems like it may have been overdriving the LED somehowā€¦ bummer. At least this happened on a fairly cheap light, I guess.

Just a warning to others, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s an anomaly of bad luck for me