Lumintop GT4

What’s the big difference between the 70.2 and the sbt-90 leds?

Never heard of it. Is it the RGBW LED?

Not sure if there would be a need for it in this light but could be modded to fit I am sure.

Yes, if it works out then that is something I could possibly do.

Got to see results first though.

The XHP70.2 will have higher lumens and efficacy but will also be more floody and have some tint shift.

The SBT-90 should have higher lux / throw at the cost of some lumens. It only comes in CW though.

Sbt-90 leds are also more significantly more expensive aren’t they? A gt4 with sbt-90s is something myself and probably many others would be interested in.

No, LE UW S2WP is a white one.
It consists of 4 2mm² White Flat dies or 4 2mm² Q8WP ones. I’m not sure which. I’m not sure if these dies are even different, I’ve seen some hints that no as well as that yes.

Anyway, it should throw quite nice while providing easily 5000 lm/LED and hopefully double the candela of XHP70.2.
In a quad it would be interesting to have custom asymmetric centring gaskets, ones that focus the reflector on just 1 LED.
This would avoid a hole in the beam but throw the rest of light somewhat off as a secondary beam. A quad could make this secondary beam symmetric.

Nightwatch is about to release a light with S2WP

Yes, they are almost 10x the price of the xhp70.2.

Oh, ok that makes more sense.

That is an interesting LED. I wish they came in good tints but still quite interesting. Anyone know where to get them?

Normally: no.
You want test samples? Maybe Neal could get you some?…

Yeah, I was planning on asking Neal about them, it is just generally easier when I can show him a source to start his search with lol.

He has a source already: Niwalker. :slight_smile:

I think shaved dome 70.2’s would be interesting. Less tint shift, and a small reduction in lumens with a small boost in lux/throw. Less so than the SBT-90, but a lot cheaper and no driver mods required.

Put simply I don’t trust them to shave the domes from the factory so I don’t recommend that.

If they chose to do it themselves then that is great since any issues would be their own fault and I could not be blamed.

Instead of shaving the XHP70.2, maybe look into these two new emitters that comes domeless. Tint looks good from pics.

The Osram S2WP throws farther than a dedomed XHP50.2 and makes 4500 lumens according to Nealsgadget description

That new LED is quite interesting, I was hoping to see something like that from Cree with those new tiny dies they came out with. I will be interested to see what djozz testing shows.

The S2WP is another interesting LED, I asked them about using it but have not heard back.

They seems to be on the colder end of the color range. I would like to see something between 4000K and 5000K

That is the other issue with all of these LED options.

According to this post, the GT-FC40 95CRI goes down to 2600K. You just need to order in large enough quantities but it seems like that should be easy for a company like Lumintop. According to this post, seems like they are willing to do samples.

Updates?

Any word on this beast?