Lumintop GT4

Normally: no.
You want test samples? Maybe Neal could get you some?…

Yeah, I was planning on asking Neal about them, it is just generally easier when I can show him a source to start his search with lol.

He has a source already: Niwalker. :slight_smile:

I think shaved dome 70.2’s would be interesting. Less tint shift, and a small reduction in lumens with a small boost in lux/throw. Less so than the SBT-90, but a lot cheaper and no driver mods required.

Put simply I don’t trust them to shave the domes from the factory so I don’t recommend that.

If they chose to do it themselves then that is great since any issues would be their own fault and I could not be blamed.

Instead of shaving the XHP70.2, maybe look into these two new emitters that comes domeless. Tint looks good from pics.

The Osram S2WP throws farther than a dedomed XHP50.2 and makes 4500 lumens according to Nealsgadget description

That new LED is quite interesting, I was hoping to see something like that from Cree with those new tiny dies they came out with. I will be interested to see what djozz testing shows.

The S2WP is another interesting LED, I asked them about using it but have not heard back.

They seems to be on the colder end of the color range. I would like to see something between 4000K and 5000K

That is the other issue with all of these LED options.

According to this post, the GT-FC40 95CRI goes down to 2600K. You just need to order in large enough quantities but it seems like that should be easy for a company like Lumintop. According to this post, seems like they are willing to do samples.

Updates?

Any word on this beast?

not forgotten - they tune it

So what kind of numbers are we looking at?

The numbers are still in line with my earlier estimates of 20k+ lumens and a bit less then GT70 throw numbers.

That is unless they take my advice (based on SVK89’s suggestion) and try the SBT-90 in the GT4. They are worried the cost would be too high.

Have they made a prototype using the SBT-90 to compare it with the 70.2?

Is there an estimate on what the cost would be?

No info yet on any part of an SBT-90 version.

I hope to find out about some projects wäinn2 weeks...

If you had to guess, based on your experience, what would that kind of price be? Just curious

I have no idea at this point, a lot more then the XHP70.2 version though since the LED’s themselves are an extra ~$30 each over the XHP70.2.