McGizmo Haiku budget alternative? (just how it looks)

Hi, I really like how this light looks, but its almost 500USD...

So Im looking for a budget alternative which looks similar, if anyone can recommend me something please.

What it should have:

Some fins, or ridges

Same style of clip

Stainless

1xAA battery

-Must have clicky (I really dont like twist lights)

Under 50USD?

Other than that Im not too picky...I have a C3 which is great but it doesnt have a clip and needs more ridges.

Many thanks...

The closest thing I am aware of, is this Sipik: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sipik-sk68-cree-q3-wc-120-lumen-convex-lens-led-flashlight-black-1-aa-1-14500-39585

Nitecore IFE1 maybe? Don't know if SS version is available.

Thanks, I have one of those in grey I didn't realize how similar they look until you mentioned it.

Thats a good suggestion, any other ideas would be great too.

Stainless is a terrible material for a small, high performance light. Heat dissipation is just not adequate and weight is excessive. I've got Maratacs in aa and aaa in stainless and aluminum and I literally never carry the stainless ones. Other than the stainless requirement the Maratac aa or it's clones (Olight, ITC) will make you very happy at about 1/20th the cost of the McGizmo.

Hi Scdaf - Good points - the Olights look good to me, but I need a clicky (Sorry i didnt mention that in the first post)...do you know anything that looks like an Olight i2 or something with a clicky and some machined lines on it?

My first thought was the Trustfire F25

http://m.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-f25-cree-xp-e-r2-5-mode-280-lumen-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-aa-1-14500-44962

good call johnnymac! i think if you pulled off the o-rings on that trustfire it'd look as close as you can get!

Thanks it looks very close...maybe I could try to attach a clip to it, and remove the rings and Id be set.

i think it looks better lol

i'm sure you can find a snap on clip, and it looks like there's enough meat in that tail to drill/tap if you wanted to fasten one...

I can try that, I have a friend who is a machinist at the hobbiest level.

+1 for the budget light, it has an awesome looking wide slotted tail-end maybe I can just attach some paracord to it in the mean time.

Now I just have to find a coupon code or something before I order it, hahah. Thanks JM.

actually, if you find the right screws/nuts you could use the slots in the tail instead of drilling/tapping

I always liked the F25 but never bought one. I think I will have to one of these days. :)

I think ma_sha1 made a cutdown of the F25, running on CR2.

Clip was added also, and it looked sharp.

The Ultrafire RL-118 also comes to mind:

Trustfire F25 would be nice to put one on a lathe and add some design to it. Also if you havent see this review

Trustfire F25

Thanks for the link, I havent seen that review!

[quote=esrevenge]

I can try that, I have a friend who is a machinist at the hobbiest level.

+1 for the budget light, it has an awesome looking wide slotted tail-end maybe I can just attach some paracord to it in the mean time.

Now I just have to find a coupon code or something before I order it, hahah. Thanks JM.

[/quote

Well if he is a somehow skilled machinist... you can always take it apart and have him cut in "features" to make it even more agressive/futuristic/bling/sharp looking that is in stock form. The beauty of steel is that you don't have to find a way to reanodize it after fiddling with.

My friend is kind of a jerk though, I really dont want to ask him for anything unless I 100% can not buy it myself.

I found this light too just now...its 1xAAA but I think might be pretty nice.

Ultrafire A2 - About 17USD

That F25 is a nice little light. It went from its bubble wrap pretty much right into the wife's purse. I did get to play a little with it first and was impressed. Throws surprisingly well for a small diameter reflector light. I will have to check out what it looks like without the body o-rings.

Edit: Really? $500!!! WTF