My Emisar D4 is a “touch” light?

In the video, he grips the tail and lightly taps the rim of the bezel. His one hand is not directly touching head and tube. There is no way he is completing the li-ion circuit across his torso from one hand to another enough to put 2v across the LEDs.

That doesn’t change the fact that his gentle touch is somehow causing 2v to appear from nowhere.

EDIT: Ok nevermind. My new theory is that he is in a room with a lot of RF signal. His body is acting like a crystal radio and attenuating the atmospheric voltage straight across the leds.

What if during reflow led negative was shorted to the MCPCB?

That could explain why touching tail (negative) and head bypasses the driver and turns on leds.

I don’t know what is causing this but I have forwarded the video to the CIA and the man said they are very interested in studying and/or dissecting you.

thanks for the video!

I agree. The LED swaps have a short.

I believe this has something to do with it and is probably the case, however I don’t totally understand how it’s doing it. I’ll report back after work and take the head off and check. It’s pretty cool, freaks people out

My Black Flat D1 does this, so I guess it’s a short between thermal pad and cathode

the 2V are not appering from nowhere they appear from the build in battery
the other 2V just drop over his body, the harder he touches the light the less resistance he has so the current increase

Speaking of that, do you recommend putting a flat black in the d1? I know it’s dimmer but just curious how you like it and if it’s okay with direct drive FET.

Tell’em you’ve invented cold fusion.

No problem with a DD driver because the Vf (forward voltage) of the Black Flat is very high.
But as i understand it from Hank Wang’s explanation, the D1 reflector is designed or suited) for XP-L HI.
A BLF member tried a White Flat 1mm² in it and it was impossible to focus properly.
Now the Black Flat has a 2mm² die, but that’s still twice as small (surface area) as an XP-L HI.

Well, I use a low current battery (lgabf1l1865) and get about 60kCd (measured at 10m).
It draws 3,4A from the battery so I guess the LED is safe.