Neal's Gadget silence

Toykeeper so when someone says they have been waiting for an order for months thats inaccurate how ? or a wrong flashlight or missing items how is this inaccurate ? Dont defend him because he has been here doesnt change things, those that are happy are ofc happy, but there are many complaints for a reason, if people just got the goods and response in timely manner this kind of threads would never pop up dont u think ? Its just he has a little too much over his head running a shop u cant just do on your spare time on weekends its a full-time job last i checked if u want happy customers in the long run.

I myself the orders i got have nothing bad to say but i can understand frustration when u wait for order and its been weeks maybe months and still its unsolved….

It’s not. Maybe re-read my comment?

Well, an order I had placed on February 15th now has a tracking number. The banner on Neal’s site is down also, so it does seem like it’s back to business.

I have not had a problem with Neal's orders, Chinese orders are just sit back and wait.

He has always answered any message, email etc.

Even when some thing was wrong (D4s loose glass, sent me a new bezel)it was corrected.

Maybe some of you guy's are unlucky.

I have waited 3 1/2 months for 2x26650 Golisi cells from Aliexpress.

YMMV.

I’m not saying you’re lying or anything, but most people’s problem with Neal seems to be precisely total lack of communication.
We are aware that sh1t happens in the mail service, especially from China, but as customers we expect at least an answer. Not answering on every possible platform is very annoying.

I'm not saying there are not problem.

Just never had any problems with him, changed orders, asked many questions always answered.

I’ve made 9 orders from Nealsgadget. Two of them were close to $300. All of them shipped immediately except the most recent one made on January 29, 2020. I haven’t tried contacting him because I understand the whole country is in lockdown.

I placed an order on January 31st and still nothing. Hit and miss, curious.

Damn I kept hearing of Neil’s Gadgets and it was the the only place I could find what I was looking for and made my first order a few days ago. Before I saw this. :person_facepalming:

Guess I caught some of this silence and being ignored from neal now too…. So heres my story in tow, Order placed on January 5th, was shipped but later the tracking changed to “returned to sender” I waited an excess of 20~ days from that point assuming it could be automated as per other messages due to contracting DHL and assured previously most updates as that time was due to holiday celebration extension due to virus, but I contacted DHL once again and was “ASSURED” after being escalated by there investigation “team” that it was sent back to sender and they haven’t had it for a while. I contacted neal over the last few days as per the removal of his banner on site and assume he was back, no answer BUT messenger indicates he had “READ” my messages from previous days and current. SO neal KNOWS of the issues and my contacting him as messenger indicates he had read the messages but is refraining on replying or updating IF or when my package will be resent……

REALLY considering taking it to paypal for a dispute cause all I wanted was acknowledgement or a message of ANY kind of knowing the situation…

I just got messages on two orders from Neal, looks like he’s sorting through things again.

Remember, some items he will have more ready access to than others, be patient, I’m sure he’s doing what he can. The entire country is in turmoil, that doesn’t just suddenly clear up and go back to normal.

I’m not sure your first statement is true.
About the second sentence - yes, that’s a fact we’re all aware of. Problem is, issues with Neal started long before anybody heard of a coronavirus.

Ventsi, I’ve dealt with Neal for years. I’ve had more than my share of problems with him, but even I can see he means well. Like Toykeeper I too was in the group buys that included doing business with Neal, he sent me countless prototypes of lights and drivers for testing. I probably know his ways better than anyone here, and again even I can see that he tries to get it right. FWIW, I have bought over $5000 in lights through Banggood, most of which in the time Neal worked with them. Yes, I have a great deal of experience with the man in question.

Say what you will about him, he DOES try!

Maybe he tries in certain situations or with certain customers but has he tried with myself or others airing their concerns in this thread? Nope.

Maybe you get better service from him because of what you do for him and what that means for himself in the future…

Lol, that’s funny! I have been mad at him just like many others. I finally realized he spreads himself so thin we all catch the flak at some point.

Most of the complaints are recent, when he had no access because of the virus situation. Stores were shut down, even if they had what you ordered he couldn’t get it. And the infamous wall has been blocking more than ever. Patience is key. Only on old wagons does the squeaky wheel get the grease…

Look, he’s about 75-80% efficient. Period. End of story. He’s gonna get about 2 things wrong out of 10. Might randomly be your first two things or the first and last, whatever.

I buy a thousand things from him, you think he takes care of me… same 20% wrong, just 200 wrong out of a thousand. He does try, but he’s an 80% kind of guy, whatareyagonnado?

(What mind of guy does your boss think YOU are?)

I believe you. I don’t so much believe in Neal’s best intentions. I would, if he would answer the people that he was and is currently ignoring.

Regarding your next post, no, 80% efficiency in business is NOT good at all, wtf you’re talking about. I’m a businessman myself, if I was only 80 or even 90% efficient, I would go bankrupt in about 3 to 6 months.

This is not how you operate a business, ANY business. If you have too many orders, hire somebody to work for you. Or raise the price, after all high demand commands higher price. There’s a few economically proven ways to do business and Neal’s is not one of them.

And finally, no, the majority of complaints are not after the virus outbreak. Maybe you started noticing them recently, but I’m sure you know about the “negative experience” thread, go see the dates of the posts, please.

I’ve been speaking to many different company’s in China , certain places are in lock down and there is some kind of system where people are working from home

Shenzhen is quite ok now , well last week , most the electronics are done in Shenzhen, warehouses can be in different places also

I’ve a few orders from different company’s that have gone out fast , ordered from lumintop
Ordered date 14-2 shipped date 17-2

Bike light ordered from another company
Ordered 18-2 , shipped 20-2

Just saying

I’ve been in contact with several manufacturers/shops in China and only this week I got messages from some that they can ship again. Communication throughout the last month and a half was much slower than normal if even any at all.

The word SHIPPED is used most often when a shipping label is printed and not when the order is on the move to you the buyer.

It can be a few weeks before it reaches a Post Office/International shipper processing and put on a plane,boat or truck in it's travel.