New Miboxer C4-12: "Upgrade C4-12"

Oh, ok. Sorry. Hard to keep all the different chargers’ feature sets straight, there are so many now.

So Banggood is back to $42 on this charger, and it’s not yet on Amazon. Are there any other retailers that might be selling it at a good price ( < $30 ) in the near future?

Register at M4dm4x’s site, he has a deal that makes it a bit cheaper than $42.

With M4dm4x coupon, price for New C4-12 - 30$ at Banggood.

It’s a great deal. I used the M4DM4X code to grab one for under $30.

However, they did not send me the U.S. plug adapter as promised on the product page. I only got the EU plug. I’m working with Banggood to get this resolved.

I forget if Banggood gives you a place to make comments about your order (I’m thinking they don’t). But if they do, and you order one, I suggest you remind them to include the plug adapter for your country.

Just tried the M4DM4X coupon, but Banggood shows that as expired.

Rapidlux,
what is the site to register at?

The code should work, just tested it. For register site Google M4dm4x.

M4DM4X is a name of a BLF member, not a coupon code. :slight_smile:

Register on his website, and find the appropriate coupon.

Got mine (New C4-12) a couple of weeks ago and tested some new 18650GAs (4x):

Starting charge @ 3.51 V & 1.90 - 2.05 Amps (49 - 51 mOhms).
After a few minutes auto adjusted to 2.45 Amps (all bays)
At the 45 minute mark the current had risen to 3.00 Amps and the temp at 52ºC.
Manually set it down to 1.50 A.
Terminated full charge within the hour, ~31 mOhms IR

Nice to be able to set all 4 bays in a few clicks. Weary to let the charger auto select current on low impedance cells; never had cells that hot (the charger has an upper limit; current throttling at 60ºC, 70ºC cutout).

Quickest time charging but at a cost of stressing the cells. For all the trouble in getting these 4*, I’d like to have the most life!

• Live in Canada, problem in transit of LiIon. These took over 5 weeks and 2 attempts to get them thru.

Awaiting a Sofirn SF11 to test out 4 x AA Ladda 2450 mAh NiMH batteries.
And yes, their C2-4000 as well as their C2-6000 models are no longer produced. This model, (and an older variant C4 at .8 A x4), the C8, and the C2-3000 are the only current ones by MiBoxer (AliExpress).
I don’t see their C4+ (aka C4-12A) listing. Was all too confusing with similar looks and model numbers…

It is confusing with similar looks and model numbers. When I got a 21700 flashlight and needed a charger to handle the longer battery, I went with the C4 Upgrade. They moved some of the text on the screen to the opposite side. I had to make sure of the item description and pictures to know that I wasn’t getting one of the other C4 variants.

The C4-12 Upgrade isn’t as widely sold as the others and I don’t see it in their Amazon, USA store. Not sure why. I’ve kind of wanted it for the temperature readout……….but not necessarily for the higher current capability. For me 1A*4 or 1.5A*2 is adequate for the few times I charge.

Amazon has very tough conditions. Goods not sold for a certain time will make a huge automatic markdown. Considering the fact that chargers are not the first things to buy, I can assume that the business with Amazon did not go too well for Miboxer’s. And I understand them, it makes sense for them to sell goods through lesser-known stores with more loyal conditions.

I was told by Elena (Miboxer Sales Team) that the new C4-12 (with two buttons) is planned to be sold on Amazon (Germany) by July 2019.

One question. For MiBoxer coupon on Banggood via the M4DM4X site, if I wanted to add a BLF GT Mini to the cart along w/the “New” C4-12, is there any way to add coupons for both, or will i need to make a separate purchase?

Is NealGadgets any different in that regards?

You can only use one coupon at time for each order. You can either not use coupon in combination with your available points, 100 points = $1. You can only use one coupon or available points for each one order. This doesn’t matter at all, because they will come shipped in two separate packages anyway.

I also think Neal will accept only one coupon pr order.

This is why I got the C4-Plus, it maxes out at 2.5A per cell and has two buttons. I cant imagine charging more than 2.5A/cell and I wouldnt want it automatically running up higher than that

So, based on Sidney’s data below, should one be concerned that the New C4-12 is charging brand new, low resistance 18650s on automatic mode? I was particularly looking at the C4-12 due to its’ advanced automatic battery charging, not so interested if I will always have to manually set it. Was this already a known issue on the original C4-12 and I just missed similar feedback on it in other posts?

Same thing with the C4-12 V1.

Not a bad thing, but the automatic charger is not very conservative in terms of charge rate.

However, it’s been wonderful as a charger, so I would recommend it to most members here with a manual charge rate.

I have this Version 2 C4-12, I let it automatically charge my Vapcell INR21700 4500mah 20A RED…first it start low current and for while it increase current. I noted that it goes Max current which is 3Amps, that when I see temperature reach 40 celcius… Before, my thought is that charger than can determine battery chemistry, Internal ohm and auto select current accordingly should be safe for the battery condition and life cycle.

I’m doubt about the battery condition when it reach 40 celcius. I know 60 celcius is limit for baterry life cycle. The charger charge fine though as ussual terminated at 4.20v, trickle down current fine, no big issues actually here just saying…

Next time charge I should charge manually, my question is how much current should I set for my newly Vapcell baterry?? 2.5a? just 2a? I was try not to reach 40 celcius, it safe though but I want just way below that threshold.

Or should I leave it automatically incase I am wrong here…hehe. I’m just getting skeptical on battery…funny… :smiley:

As a postscript to my earlier observation (post #54), I’ll be manually setting the charge rate. Best guess depending on cell - low side to extend battery life.

Hi,

I can confirm that faulty port #3 looks like faulty port #2 now, like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3B4h6MSB4Q. Also saw user D T A posted information here slot #2 error on "Upgraded Miboxer C4-12" (got replacement unit..)

I am a victim of this too (same symptoms, 12V on slot #2 when empty, Err message). Three confirmed faults in above link, add 2 of my friends who bought this device from different seller on AliExpress with same problem. This is mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOXWayT7X8g

Cheers