New project.... Finished

Here is my new project I just done, and I’m wondering what do u guys want to see it built into ?

It’s a mag D body cut down to take one 26650 battery, side clickey, and polished aluminum tail cap or a FIVEMEGA McClicky at the end

Thoughts comments are all welcome

PS: this project I had for a while for people wondering if I have a lathe, :frowning: I don’t lol

Reserved

Or this style

I like the green one. XML2 on copper board ~6A? :P

XML2 >)……. i think i do have one on my copper sinkpad board, 6A is that possible with only one 26650 battery ?

7135, 2.8A driver with some added chips ?

Should be if its a decent cell. I toasted XMLs with a single 18650, so it should be possible. :D

Who needs drivers? ;)

Maybe its easier to use two boards, one master one slave instead of trying to build such huge towers.

MTG-2 and driver like Match used in his minimag. In this bad boy it would be incredible! BTW, I prefer the black body with this head.

On further consideration, Match used 2x14500 so the driver he used wouldn't work with a single 26650. Go with the XM-L2 @ 5A by using this driver to give you full ramping and excellent output.

That i can do as I have about a inch of or more space inside

MTG-2 would be great, I think ill build it as a XML till I order the MTG-2 and driver :slight_smile:

As for know I’m using a XML2 led on a copper sinkpad and a half inch copper sink
using a 7135 driver with few extra chips

Unless I misunderstood you, I didnt realize this driver has a ramping feature. :smiley: The specs show *Modes: High-Medium-Low (100–305%) … nothing about ramping unless you meant voltage and thermal protection.

Have you tried it or is there I review I can read about it?

And more importantly, do you know if it actually delivers 5A to the emitter? Ive been looking for a solid 17mm 5A 4.2V driver. I hope this is the one.

Read the red part and then click the link, it will bring you to a great review of the driver.

That guy measured 3.8A, so not too bad.

Thank you I found the link. that you mentioned. I think this is the first driver that Ive seen with ramping hidden within mode groups. Its well driven but id like to have seen 5A.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/5a-3mode-2745v-circuit-board-p-547.html

:P

But its no boost driver, so you have to use good cells.

Thanks NightCrawler.

Strange that when I click the 5A 3-Mode 2.7-4.5V Circuit board review link, it takes me to the 4A 3-Mode 2.7-4.5V Circuit board review.

NightCrawl, no "er". :P

I guess thats because the driver is basically the same except for some parts that regulate current. Seems to be a nice driver but without a boost circuit its not as awesome as it could be. Good for XML though.

Thanks again NightCrawl-er :wink:

It’s done :slight_smile: it uses a 12x7135 with 3 modes strobe,high,low, led is a XML2 on a copper sinkpad and a chunk of copper powered by one 26650

Low mode

High about 20-25 yards away

WOW!

Thanks, it was put together with scrap parts I had laying around, the only problem I have is the low mode flashes but high and strobe is perfect