New user here, wanting to expand my electrical skills to electronics, flashlight modding,custom builds, ect...

Hello everyone, my names ryan im 35yo always been a professional type person. Im an Independent hvac/Electrical contractor and a gadget geek at heart. Im very interested in learning about flashlight modding and custom builds. I own many lights and recently have been on this convoy custom light building kick. Would love to make new friends and learn more.

3 Thanks

Welcome to BLF Ryan! I know what you mean about the Convoys. The S2+ are like potato chips, you can’t just build one.

1 Thank

I hope you enjoy your stay, Ryan8500!

Welcome! Are you looking to swap LEDs?

A hot plate can make it easy.

Convoy Flashlight, azhu and Bob_McBob have a bunch of Nichia 219B/519A. There are heaps of different sources of LEDs.

Welcome Ryan

One of my favorite lights to LED swap is the Sofirn SC21 Pro. Here are some photos showing tools and supplies I use:

here is the same model light, different LED, plus a Tir optic, that I enjoy:

Welcome to BLF, Ryan!

So much great knowledge and information here, past and present. Convoys are always very popular and most of them remain very accessible (or susceptible) for mods. Beyond simple emitter swaps people have done all kinds of things, some of them pretty incredible. Converting an S2+ host to a triple emitter is still a very fun project and doesn’t cost too much…you can buy lots of multi-emitter compact lights these days for cheap and with advanced firmware, but you don’t get the mod-fun that way.

Hi there Ryan, happy to have you here! I’m sure you’ll learn a lot here like many of us have.

Welcome Ryan!