Next Mode Memory - why does it exist?

I mean the 12 groups 5A/6A linear driver, they don’t run Biscotti unlike the 7135 version but rather a closed source clone of Biscotti, not a port for the new platform (at least that was what Simon told us when Toykeeper said that any Biscotti derivative work would need to be open source as well).

Slightly annoying to have a thread opened and the OP not give any input on if anything helped or whether if was user error

Hey, sorry about that. I thought the thread out a little away from me. But regarding a couple of questions from earlier, I think my Convoy S2+ is buggy. I’ve been trying to use it as a bike light and it would randomly turn off, then turn back on. I’ve actually started taking it apart and investigate replacing the driver. At least, I think it’s the driver that’s the issue.

Thanks, and sorry about that.

A bleeder resistor leads to some leakage current when on, bypassing the driver. Learned that when I messed up ordering a driver with bleeder FET along with a lighted tailcap. Not good if such a light is supposed to run on low for a long time.

The new 5A/6A linear drivers Convoy uses are compatible with lighted tail caps