Nitenumen compact EDC 18650 light w/USB charging - Amazon deal

Size and appearance wise, the EDC-4 looks like the Nitenumen without the enormous USB appendage.

Besides the budget price, it was the SS bezel that attracted me to this Nitenumen. I agree, even with it’s shortcomings it’s still a fairly decent and useful light for the money.

I asked them the same question.

Me:
“Hello, I see Nitenumen C8 on Amazon, when will it be available here?”

Nitenumen:
“hi dear yes”

I threw a little video together for this one over here:

I had my C8 next to my Thorfire TK15 and it struck me the tail caps may be swappable. Sure enough, they are so you can knock off about 6mm from your TK15 with the C8 tail cap or gain a lanyard hole for your Nitenumen with the TK15 cap.

Thanks! It also fits the tail of a Convoy S2+ 18350 shorty tube that I have on my Wowtac A3S, making that light 2.2mm shorter, and a nice fat grippy cap w/lanyard hole for the NN C8.

Great vid!

I’m seriously considering buying this light. It’s under $20, edc-friendly, includes a real 18650 and is USB-rechargeable. My Sofirn 18650 lights are just above edc-size!

Currently unavailable :expressionless: (Thread title updated)

It’s still not listed in the Nitenumen Aliexpress shop and I couldn’t find it anywhere else except for Nitenumen’s website for $120.00 :person_facepalming:

I really think they made a mistake with the UI on this and put the bike UI in by mistake, I think they were blowing these out at the low price to get rid of them, maybe they’ll bring it back with the correct UI. Probably won’t be this cheap though.

I REALLY love the compact size of this light, nearly the perfect length. I also love the look of the SS bezel.

I know I keep saying this but (for me personally) the thick heavy protrusion for the USB jack belies the compactness. Then the UI just kills it.

It’s one of those Love/Hate things. :heart_eyes: :rage:

Yes BeamO, the compactness really is a plus! I particularly like the deep carry clip. It is really strong and doesn’t tear up my clothes. It doubles as a lanyard attachment and paracord is thick enough to stay between the ’indention’and the 180 bend. The switch doesn’t activate easily in a pocket. I’m trying to EDC my TK15, it being brighter (and dimmer) but this light is a solid light.
I bought 9 and of those, only two came with the protected battery. No matter as the light has LVP. I acted as the purchasing agent for the field crews so they weren’t all for me. Thanks for letting us know about this product. I hope to find more like it at the great price!

Interesting, yes seems like a good light for a work environment, great to see my post was useful to many. :+1:

I hope they bring it back with a better UI. I’ll reply/update here if I see it again anywhere.

Yes, this light has so much potential. The only thing bringing it down is the horrible UI.

Thank you Mr. Beam0 for this great thread. I was thinking how awful it would be if a flashaholic like me ended up in a situation without a 18650-powered flashlight. This is the largest, most robust (bright and long-runtime) flashlight I can picture myself carrying with me anywhere, even past metal detectors at airports, courthouses, and disneyland!

I would love to own the Thrunite Catapult V6, the Acebeam X70, the Olight X9R, the BLF-GT with CFT 90 mod. But I can’t afford any single one of them. So it happens the one I can afford, I can carry with me anywhere and could end up saving lives! Now when my daughter drops something in the backseat of the car, I know 100% that I can hand her a flashlight to look for the dropped item! An imperfect but true-edc Nitenumen in the pocket is better than a Sofirn SF36W left at home! :beer:

Some really good points the4ds9, good to hear, and you’re quite welcome! Actually made me re-think the usefulness of this light.

I think I’m going let mine reside in my car so I know I’ll always have it wherever I go. It will replace my DQG 18650 Tiny 1st that I’ve found a new purpose for.

Yes at $16 total cost with a good battery it was an absolute steal.

Beam0, I was going to buy one. Thought about it for a few days, decided I would put it in the cart, went back to Amazon, SOLD OUT. So I bought another Olight instead. Just my luck. Hopefully they will restock it. I imagine if they do it won’t be at the same price. Although the UI does sound not so great it would make a better light for the wifes car than her stealing ones i’m attached to. She commandeered my SDmini last week.

!Not completely sold out! Not completely sold out! - Album on Imgur!

It looks like they found a few in the back room. Two are in stock as of right now.

Grabbed one. Thank you Broodmaster. Wouldn’t have taken another look if you wouldn’t have posted that. Make that 1 in stock now. :slight_smile:

Nice catch Broodmaster!… Todd, I’m happy you were able to get one, yeah it does make a good light for keeping in the car.

Pity they’re no longer $15.99, maybe we’ll see that price again later, but at least you can get 5% off currently.

Looks like the other one got sold but it’s now showing “In stock on May 22” so it appears they’re sending more to amazon. I updated the thread title again to remove the word “unavailable”

You’re welcome! Some thunder woke me up earlier and I saw 3 available. At that point, I made 1 more purchase w/o the discount. Later, I looked again and the discount was back!
Some good news is that it now looks like the item will be restocked 5/22/2018.

I was in a few airports last week and was concerned about taking a light as well. I decided to take my D4 (from Mountain Electronics) and as backup, a thrower S2 w/XP-l & Sofirn SP31 (for CR123 option). No questions with any of them. The D4 is very close in form to the NN C8.
Salt Lake City was the destination and one night, took the walk along upper City Creek. The D4 was great but I think the NN C8 & S2 were better options.
I did contemplate contacting Mr. McDougal (RMM) as I think he deserves at least a lunch for all the great things he does! Unfortunately, my schedule didn’t allow the time. Cheers! to Richard.

Anyway, I’ll take the C8 next trip, among others.