Noctigon K1 info / review

I am confused, which Shockli are you referring to?
Also, the 50E has ‘much less’ capacity compared to the Vapcell 5500mah? I assume that your comparison refers to like sized loads…?
And lastly, the Vapcell 5500mah is 10 percent higher mah, but…isn’t it a 26650 cell?

I am confused enough as it is….

But it’s an apples to oranges comparison as the Shockli 26650 is a much higher output cell and is used far differently than a 50E.

In my testing in an extreme draw light the Golisi is the best in class, but the 30T and 40T far exceed what any 26650 I tested are capable of. My test was in Ham’r, my 17 emitter modification to a Q8. One cell powering 17 emitters, the 40T gives the most current at 32A. The Golisi 26650 was even bested by the Samsung25S 18650. These are absolute power tests though, and for a light like the K1 using a limited current to the White Flat the 50E excels because of the parameters established by the emitter.

Please see my previous post and the link in there. On paper the difference is 500mah but at 10A or higher loads, especially if you like to use turbo in lights like the MT07, the difference is 1,300mah or more. Therefore I dont see 26650 as being obsolete

Edit: Even at low currents, I believe it is 1A that my Xtar Dragon test batteries at, the many 50E and Vapcell/Shockli 26650 I tested averages 1,000mah higher than the 50E

But compared to a Molicel INR21700-P42A 4000mAh - 45A, which isn’t even expensive from where i’m sitting…

I’m well aware that Acebeam doesn’t manufacture Li-ion cells. I was referring more to the current handling than the capacity. I don’t know what kind of cell is under the wrapper and I’ve never seen any tests done of the current capabilities of this battery. I’d be very interested to see that data. It’s silly that they’d slap a 20A rated protection circuit on a cell with a max current under 10A, but from a marketing standpoint it wouldn’t surprise me at all. I only have one of these cells that came with my W30 and gets used in that light. My other 21700 lights get the Samsung 50E.

On a relevant note, does anyone know what the max battery length is for the K1?

Here is some data. I remembered it wrong, it’s 5000 mAh cell.

Some brands like AWT take a “burst” rating and proudly display it as the overall max drain of the cell on the wrapper. :rage:

FYI the Green and Red LEDs are now available

Green show 720kcd, this can’t be right

I’m not sure what use for either but they would look cool throwers.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/56233

not a typo, looks pretty sweet

I own a few P42A and while it is an excellent cell and probably one of the best if not the best overall 21700 according to Mooch, it is not 45A continuous. Even the Samsung 30T is only 40A. I tested the P42A vs 30T in my flashlights. The 30T outputs higher in all my FET lights that can take advantage of the extra output.

But the 26650 is not competing with the 21700 for highest current and I’m not saying 26650 is better than 21700. Rather I see 26650 still has a purpose for those who like the feel/size of a 26650 flashlight and the noticeably higher capacity. Cost wise, the Vapcell 26650 is not that expensive.

Well i agree the 26650 size is nice, but they should be able to have a capacity of 7000mAh or more.
I bet there will be higher capacity 26650’s in the not too distant future.

Unfortunately, the market for 26650 is too small. Sanyo/Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, LG will surely not make one. The only other two that can improve upon it is Lishen and Molicel who demonstrated excellent performance with the 21700. People were trying to get Molicel to produce a 26650 in a survey on Mooch’s website but no go. Unless an electric car maker decides to adopt 26650, I doubt we will see any improvements.

It has excellent design and beautiful light

Any clue when xhp35 will be available?

My K1 has landed in Houston, not long now! (I hope)

Nice, i may have to snaffle one of these :slight_smile:

We’ve been having a lot of fog, always fun to see the entire beam of a thrower like a giant light saber in a foggy sky. My luck the fog will stop and I’ll forget to play with it that way by the time it happens again. Lol

Mine is STILL stuck at JFK since the 16th of Dec. Starting to get upset. But my D4V2 is dead sexy and gets attention everywhere I go.

Really like how Hank came into the flashlight game with the M43 and he’s been rocking it ever since! I think the only one I don’t have is the cute little fatboy with 18 emitters, have swapped emitters in one for a friend of mine and am almost surely destined to have one of my own but haven’t done it yet. Just could not resist the large headed K1 White Flat combo, a modern day mix between the Courui Fathead (D01) and HD2010 that demanded my attention! (TK’s fault with this review) lol