Noobie ? On the Convoy S2+

I have these 2 Convoy S2+ coming, can I leave the Batteries in them at all times or is that dangerous?

Convoy S2+ L2 T6 - 4C LED Flashlight

Blue

T6-4C

Convoy S2+ Cree XML2 U2 - 1B 7135 x 8 8 - Mode 960lm Highlight LED White Flashlight (1 x 18650)

Temperature color: 6500 - 7000K

18650 Samsung 3000mAh INR18650-30Q High Discharge Flat Top (unprotected)

Hello pioneer, welcome to BLF.

Is your location connected to a real hotmail address?
Please change that, in order to prevent nuisance like spam.

Edit: see you got the message.

Yes, it is safe to leave the battery inserted. If you want to disconnect the battery (to prevent accidental activation) you can loosen the tailcap with a quick quarter turn.

About the batteries. Congratulations with you (coming) convoys.

These are quality budget lights. With quality anodising.
Which means you can mechanically cut off power by turning the tailcap half a turn loose.
No more accidental activation in your backpack, or something like that.
Useful, because an unprotected battery like a 30Q does not shut-off when voltage gets low.

Mind you: the middle part of the S2+ is NOT symmetrical.
The tip only applies when the C of Convoy is pointed forward. To the business end of the light.

I leave them in my S2+ but only a day or so. If I’m not using for few days I’ll take em out.

Rayoui

Yes, it is safe to leave the battery inserted. If you want to disconnect the battery (to prevent accidental activation) you can loosen the tailcap with a quick quarter turn.

That’s good to know

Mind you: the middle part of the S2+ is NOT symmetrical.
The tip only applies when the C of Convoy is pointed forward. To the business end of the light.

Thanks for the Info

That’s good advice.

This is great news, My concern was just leaving it sitting in my glove box or on my work bench in the garage unattended, So, I will just loosen the tailcap.

The S2+ has a mechanical switch so the battery is disconnected when it is off. I would only loosen the tailcap if the light can move around, like in the glove box or a backpack. Stationary on a desk and I wouldn’t care about it at all.

Good to know,so no drainage on battery or chance of battery failure / catching fire?

Well, I can’t vouch for the battery itself, I can’t guarantee it won’t spontaneously combust by itself anywhere, but it won’t be because of the switch if left stationary on a desk switched off.

I can vouch that there is no drainage on the battery from the light when switched off because the battery is totally disconnected by the switch. Left stationary on a desk is fine, these buttons do not activate themselves. I would however unscrew if left as an emergency light in a glove box because cars move around.

Careful Pioneer, S2+ is an entry drug. Many here will attest. :smiley:

Yep blue S2+ reintroduced me to the world of budget light modding. Good compact size, balanced beam shape, and customizable.

I hope you enjoy your stay, pioneer!

Yeah, that’s kinda the way I am feeling. I will say though this stuff is interesting, But I don’t quite understand it.

Oh , I didn’t know they where customization that could be done after the purchase.

I leave cells in all my lights. I’ll lock out lights that have unusually high parasitic drain. Come to think of it I don’t think I have any more battery killer lights. Flashlights without batteries are kinda like guns without bullets, knives without blades…………etc etc

I’ve given many lights away to the neighbor. Very good friend of mine. He is a little OCD when it comes to safety. Nothing from China is allowed in or near his house for the foreseeable future. It’s just the way he is. Anyway, he has a bunch of extra cells that I have given him through the years. Of course he read up about them. Now, they all get put in their own poly bag then stored in a safe inside his safe, no cell touches anything else. Hey, if it makes him feel better then it’s priceless protection.