OL Comp. C83 6.6. Update Night shots added. Finished for now.

Thanks Ouchy. Did you get yours from LCK or IOS before they discontinued them?

It took a lot of searching to find these items just for the testing. The testing was over in a milli second.

I have ordered 4 supposedly protected Trustfires for the Hflex driver. The last 3 32650 batteries I ordered were supposed to be protected but weren't. I left the my Monster light with the wife in the bush last weekend as she stayed up a night longer than I did and glad I had the protected batteries in it as the light shut of itself. I'm not sure if it was the battery or driver protection. One way or the other something did its job. It was used as a lantern for 3 nights on low and as a general camp light (posing) on high the other times. I did take night shots of 18 lights to make a post like RDfronty but most turned out blurry. Next time I will use the manual focus.

Mine hasn’t died on me but I may or may not have received one that was DOA. I think I would tend to chalk that 1 up to my lack of modding experience.

The replacement is still going strong. 1 xml2, 2S 18650. Probably my most used flashlight.

I need to pick up another one so I can mod my BTU. :slight_smile:

my two 5A drivers came from LCK.

I got them from both places. They’re all the same. IOS had some custom versions that ran at 3.5A and 4.5A with a single XML. They all run DD on high with 3 x XML.

Sorry MRsDNF. Just a little thread high jacking. I’m really curious about those Flex drivers though. I’ve been studying the Hyperboost, but don’t know much about the buck series.

No stress Of. The only high (jacking) thing here is me on prescription pills.

Update 27.4.14.

Thanks for the answers above in relation to my driver question. Believe it or not with the random talking above I understand drivers a lot better than I did.

Flex just denotes a taskled driver with a ui processor. The others are either fixed or pot dimmable. It’s an amazing ui but takes someone with the patience of Job to program all the features.

OP updated.

Good news. My switch(s) turned up today. Bad news, it's so tiny. Here's a picture with an XML led. Anyone got any ideas how I incorporate this into my light? I was lucky to be able to solder wires to it to test. I could not test it without them as it was all so small and fiddly. HELP.

reflow it to a star? :stuck_out_tongue: the size is just right…

Thanks for the hint devman. I did read recently a member here doing that, silly old me had already forgotten.

It’s only useful if you don’t have problem’s reflowing, but as a person who has issues with small and fiddly myself, I’m glad I could help.

And yes, I think we’re both thinking of the same person who did it. I just can’t remember who either.

I think it was OL.

Definitely OL, he’s to blame responsible for most of the chucklehead great ideas to be found around here. The H6flex is capable of 6.6A so you could run the LEDs in parallel at 2.2A with 2, 4, or 6 cells(2s-Xp) or series at 3A or more with 4 or 8 cells but series is the best bet. I think OL uses an XML star to mount those switches and as monstrously generously proportioned as that light is you might use a 20 mm star w/screw notches.

Looking great so far :slight_smile:

The machining is looking first class and I’m jealous of the equipment you have, and not jut a little for the skills you have in using it (equipment) The scale is immense, just have to love it! Can’t wait to see this come together!

Great work Steve, and very nice pictures of the process as well. :slight_smile:

If you happen to have a rook or SRK, you could use the switch and housing from that. If you don't then you will have to make one similar. It uses an outer screw in housing with a button. If you do make your own, then make it whatever size you use for the star. I usually use a 12mm XM-L star and solder the switch to it, so I can use the +- pads for the wires.

Dont be to jealous of the machines DBC. They are as getting old and creaky just like the guy truing to use them.

I dont have a King so just trying to bluff my way through something. One step at a time and hopefully it will just follow suit. I'm about to post more pictures so maybe someone has a good idea as I have no idea. I'm not sure whether to mount the switch on a star or not. If I could picture the finished product I would know what I was doing.

Cheers guys.

Looking good, can’t wait to see the finished result.

fwef34

Might not help you much, but maybe it will give you the idea of putting it on a star.