Olight S1RII - what LED?

I’ve asked this question elsewhere and was recommended a LH351D, but am not sure if I want to use one of them. The 2700K I have is ok, but maybe too warm. The 5000K is greenish. Other options are a SST-20@4000K, Nichia 219C (5000K I think, took them from a S43) and 219B sw45k D200 and D220 I got from Chris.

I’d like to use the 219B but I’m not sure what the LED will do at a current that drives the original LED at 1000 lm. Last option would be obtaining a NW XP-L. CRI doesn’t matter much.

Background: I modyfied the S1R and am really happy with it. But it left some little marks. Nothing visible if you don’t know where to look, but I will open the S1RII only if there’s a really good candidate for an emitter swap.

What do you think?

If cri doesn’t matter much. I would go for a 7a or 5D xml2. Xml2 just works best in the olight for.

I have one approx. 5000K in the S1R, but it would take a different MCPB in the S1RII, no? Thought it was 3535.

Ah, I see it still has an XM-L2! :person_facepalming:

Thank you :slight_smile:

I would recommend the LH351D 3500k 90cri shaved or domed. Contactcr tested it here. LH351D 90CRI Spectrum Tests - #32 by contactcr
Very close to the bbl and if you shave the dome it gets even closer with a slightly warmer tint and smaller hotspot with very good output.
Its my favorite swap led for cct and high cri with very good output.
You can find them here. https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SPHWHTL3DA0GF4UPP6/1510-2331-1-ND

Thanks, moderator. I’d need a new MCPCB. Not sure if want to go that route.

All this talk about swapping emitters in the S1R ll got me interested again in modding mine. Working on replacing the emitter with a LH351D 3500k.

I’ve stolen the idea of the 3000K XM-L2 from the mod-thread:

Drop Tool, LH351D@2700K; C01S, SST-20@3500K; S1RII, XM-L2@3000K

It’s a 7A3 according to KD.

Thanks again to you, too :slight_smile:

Are you still happy with it or have you found a 3535 optics?

:beer:

@unheard
It works as is, I just know it would be better with a tir made for the smaller die 3535 led. I haven’t really looked for one yet.
I dont use it that much but the tint improvement made a huge difference if I was to carry it on a regular basis. Then I would probably be more motivated to hunt the right tir down and install it.