Panasonic NCR18650A 3100 Unprotected - Two Choices? Difference?

I need 4 X 18650 unprotected. I was told that the protected NCR are too long, but the unprotected fit.

FastTech has two choices of NCR18650A 3100 unprotected. They are shorter than the NCR protected, but one is shorter than the other. Now I don’t know what to buy. I don’t want them too long, but I don’t want them too short either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the page with the protected, and two unprotected choices. One is $14.10 a pair, the other is $15.17 a pair.

https://www.fasttech.com/search?Panasonic%20NCR18650A

I looked. The pair for $15.17 appears to have the button top. The other pair looks to be flat.

But, which one should I buy. I’ve looked all over the web, and every place seems to show different dimensions.

Well, I’ve never heard of an 18650 being too short. The longer of the two you indicate appears to have a more raised button. The shorter appears to be a flatter button. That’s the only difference I can see.

I’d go for the longer with the raised button. Someone else may chime in.

depends on if your host needs a button top or not…

It does. I just checked it out. Needs button top

ETA: It can use either as Roche M170 ships with flat-top adapter

That’s what I’m hoping. I already dumped $40 on four that won’t fit, so I want to make sure before ordering four more.

You’re in luck…your roche comes with flat top adapter. Either unprotected should work fine. Just stay away from the xtra long protected ones.

Where does it say it needs a button top?

It can use either……that’s what that round adapter is for in the box

Thanks guys. Now I need to decide whether to go 3100 or 3400. Actually I have a bunch of Eagletac 3100 protected that are shorter than most protected batteries.

Good deal. Please give us a review of sorts would ya? I like that little Roche. :slight_smile:

yeah, i like it a lot, except not sure about the turn on delay

sounds like a great setup w/ either 3100 or 3400 - enjoy!