Post a current workbench photo

Just like my desk at work…I guarantee there is a “method to the madness” he probably can locate anything he needs in a minute or two :smiley:

I just LOVE those desk…so cool!

Once we get moved…I think I am going to build me a shed and make it my “workshop” :slight_smile:

Awesome…simply awesome

Damn you all. I’m not posting a pic yet. You’ve motivated me to clean my area.

I hate cleaning.

I keep most of my electrical tools under my computer desk (not so neat)

A compressor to blow shit off dusty things

A couple of my benchtop vises

I keep most of my small parts orderly (OCD)

I see you have the same Bessey bench top vacuum base vise I have :slight_smile: It’s GREAT!, though not as nice as the one Tom E has :frowning:

Lowes has them on clearance right now, at different prices at each store. Right now my local store is $15.39. Before that it was $17.58

Glenn, I can’t trust you! No one can have that perfect desk! You prepared it for the picture!

atbglenn, your benchtop vise is the best yet. And I thought I was living large with the one I have!

Just goes to show that a man can have more than 1 vise! :bigsmile:

Never ever trust me! You'll be better off lol!

sh1

The "Shop" is just one side of the garage.

sh2

The workbench

tools1

The tools have been accumulated from when I was in my teens till the present. I used to work on cars a lot in my youth. I got rid of a lot of automotive stuff when I quit working on them.

tools2

sh3

Components and supplies

sh4

More supplies and there's also automotive stuff hanging around too. It's the all purpose shop.

Yes, everything is fairly neat and tidy, but I have been slipping. It used to be more organized and cleaner than now.

Yes, I even clean up and put away things from one process to the other. If I file something, I clean the area and put stuff away before doing something else. If I use the drill press I get it out, use it, clean the area and put it away. I store most everything in storage containers, just because of the constant Texas dust, that never seems to stop, even in the winter.

Yes, I am a neat freak and I loved the regiment of military life way before I was ever there. I was brought up this way. Everything in it's place and everything "squared away". Like I say, after about 55, I started slipping and don't keep it as I should.

No, I did not tidy up before taking the photos.

No, I won't say anything about anyone else's clutter, to each their own.

Those are Panavise's. I bought them years ago at very reasonable prices. Today they're just too expensive. I have a circuit board holder the fits both bases. Sure come in handy :)

I do like that bench top vise but I sometimes have a problem with the jaws. I use cardboard jaw covers when I don’t want the heat sinking of the metal jaws. The stock rubber jaw covers tend to melt.

Since I have a mill and lathe in my garage shop I will make some jaws of G10 when I get motivated. It’s working it’s way to the top of my to do list.

You're even more organized than me:) Very impressive Justin

Probably the word I was trying to say was “believe”, but I’ll take your tip, I won’t trust you!

My very unorganized resistor stash

What the hell are those little white stickers with the writing?!

They’re actually legible and look printed :open_mouth: Yeah, what are those ??

Those are Brother P-Touch laminated labels.

Oh I have one of those machines, its for marking ends of cables I have to run. Using it for making labels on my drawers, never thought of that.

I have a PC enabled version, Model # PT2700. It has a keyboard if you want to use as a stand-alone. It makes labels from 1/2" to 1". I use it on everything

oh shame on you, you have very dirty and unorganized work places…. lucky my workplace is clean organized, i can say a pleasure to look at :

^see…
well till the moment you zoom out at least :

Every man knows intuitively that if you use a tool, you’ll likely use it again in the near future. So why put it away? :bigsmile: