hi guys

small rant on postal services

sometimes they are good, had stuff from lumintop come to finland in 2 weeks

and then this
Logistics company:
AliExpress Standard Shipping
Shipment time:
2020-04-27 18:45:02

Hong Kong - Shipped by air ( still not recieved or even got into finland) 27-5-2020
2020-05-18 21:45:00 [GMT+8]
Handover to airline
2020-05-18 21:44:30 [GMT+8]
Item has departed from the warehouse
2020-05-18 18:45:00
Item has been registered.
2020-05-18 18:44:00
Received in Shenzhen
2020-05-04 14:42:16 [GMT+8]
Item has arrived to warehouse
2020-05-04 11:42:00
Outbound in sorting center
2020-05-01 01:16:51 [GMT+8]
The item is not yet in Posti.
2020-04-30 17:31:02
inbound in sorting center
2020-04-30 01:58:59 [GMT+8]
Accepted by carrier
2020-04-30 01:28:53 [GMT+8]

i never want to open a dispute with lumintop, but 2 weeks in the air is a bit to long. track and trace normally updates every country it gets to

COVID issues all over the world delays shipping enormously
But even then, i remember buying something from a guy from Finland before the corona crisis, even that package went missing :frowning:
Luckily it was a nice guy and everything was sorted out more than fair :smiley:

That was meeeeee :frowning:

I can understand your frustration, but you can only be patient and wait…. I mean nothing else you can do at this time unless you had access to an Ironman suit…… in which case can I borrow it I have a few packages still in limbo I would like to personally retrieve. :smiley:

On a serious note heres my track log for a light I’ve been patiently waiting on for over 55 days and only “left” Asia apparently 4 days ago….

2020-05-22 16:08 CAYVR / Despatched to overseas

2020-04-04 23:30 HK / Hand over to airline.

2020-04-04 11:54 Information Received

2020-04-04 11:33 Domestic Air Cargo Termina,Shenzhen,China / Depart from facility to service provider.

2020-04-01 13:13 Hongqiao,Shanghai,China / Shipment arrived at facility and measured.

2020-04-01 13:13 Hongqiao,Shanghai,China / 4PX picked up shipment.

I think 2 weeks in the air is not much.
My order from Sofirn store on Aliexpress was in the air for 66 days. Total travel time 78 days. I receive my order in a week.

There has been a global issue that has affected every part of our lives. Not a single area of our life will be the same after this. Our flashlight shipments will get to us when they do. Shipping from overseas wasn’t even fast before the pandemic so, we can’t compare past shipping times now, to shipping times before. The frequency of flights overseas has dropped dramatically. I have heard of numbers of flights have dropped anywhere from 60 to 80 percent, depending on whose numbers you are using. Doing a bit of gorilla math in my head means that there could be a 60 to 80 percent rise in the amount of time we have to wait for things. Our things aren’t lost. They are waiting for a ride which isn’t there anymore. It will catch a flight or boat eventually.

In the mean time we wait. Just like we did before, just now a little longer. We can complain all we want. Won’t do any good. Our stuff will show up when it shows up. There might be a lost package along the way. There was before so I don’t see why that would change. Mistakes happen. Anywhere humans are involved there are bound to be simple mistakes. They get sorted out and we continue on.

Dwelling and worrying about packages is too negative for me. If you are emailing overseas companies a few weeks after your order to find out where they are, your email may fall on deaf ears. They did before just as it will now.

Stay positive and smile. It does your body and mind good to limit your worries. You will be happy when your lights arrive. No need to project negativity before they do. Smile, the sun will still go down when your flashlights arrive. Darkness will bring you happiness using your new light. All will be forgotten when you get to hold it in your hand and turn it on.

All of this has got me thinking about a giveaway for some reason. I shall put one together. Everybody smiles at free lights and never complains about the shipping. :slight_smile:

Over the last couple of days I’ve had a glut of stuff coming from China, all little bits. Looks like it was all backed up, likely at customs - I think they just thought ‘sod it’ and let the whole lot go through at once unchecked!
There has to be a huge backlog, so doing that would clear some of it - otherwise they will be behind for months to come.