protection keeps on tripping on my 16340?

Hey guys i am wondering if any one would know why the protection keeps on tripping on my soshine 16340 i have two one sits inside my EDC my Xtar WK21 and the other i carry as a spare in a battery compartment in my EDC bag and i charged them both a few months ago. First doing a voltage check with a multi-meter and all seemed good then i put one inside the storage case and a few weeks later i went to swap them around and it didn’t work so i reset it and it still had 4.15 volts once reset so i charged it back up and put it inside my light it was working on that day. Then a week later i went to use my EDC and it wasn’t working battery tripped again?

Honestly to my eyes the cell looks okay obviously could be some thing under the wrapper maybe even dirt. Could i have shaken it to much seeing as i throw my bag around some times? Is the cure for this a problem a slap to the head so i treat my stuff better? so many damn questions and no answers lol.

The thing is i only have two 16340s but they are going cheap right on fasttech $2.90 USD so i will buy more but i contemplating upgrading to a 18650 EDC but for now i have no spares except these piece of Sh*t GTL batteries lol!

Usually it sees more use but i have my Nitecore tube on my key-ring and i have had a 10440 light in the bag also for some reason ( i have gone flashlight mad!)

No doubt i am rough on my stuff but no physical damage that i can see?
!

!

Protection looks good still?
!

!

!

!

The good working one to the left and the some times working one to the right they look almost identical the board looks a little raised on the right side one!

!

!

Okay i just put it inside the light it didn’t work but it is still reading as having voltage so it isn’t tripping the protection?

Are you sure it’s the cells and not the light? Do you have any cr123’s to check? Or another light that uses these cells?

All the other cells i have tried work in the light? but it could be the light just with this cell i might try it on the CH1 charger and see if it trips or charges some thing.

What is your spare battery compartment made of?

Normal plastic like just a battery storage case that would come with the batteries.

Weird i plugged it into the CH1 and put a USB meter on it and it was at from 200 Milli-ampere to 4 amp spikes so i guess its shorting out on some thing i will just throw it out when i get a chance to go to a recycle bin.

You could always unwrap it and remove the protection circuit. The bare cell may be OK as long as you don’t run it paired in series and your light has low-voltage warning/cutout.